PDA

View Full Version : Phaeton, electrical niggles

AndyB2112
30-10-2016, 04:02 AM
Hello to Everyone.

I have just purchased a 2004 Phaeton 5.0 TDI.

After first day dramas with a loose exhaust gas recirculation housing and a turbo silicone gasket issue, its seems fine.

Its a bit clonky on the front, with suspected drop-link issues - that is being looked at on Monday.

So.... just 2 little niggles apart from that, and if anybody has any ideas for a non-techie newbie like me, it would be great..

Firstly...

The cigarette lighter in the back takes my phone charger plug or a USB adapter ok, as does the front one, but the front one is not giving me a light on my charger, and is not actually charging anything (and the cigarette lighter itself is not staying down)

Secondly......

The air vents on the dashboard (the extreme left and extreme right ones, covered by the small automated wooden slides) both have a small toggle switch under them. The passenger side one gives a little red light when pushed, and the wooden panel automatically raises and falls correctly. The DRIVERS one however does not give a light when the toggle switch is pushed, and the wooden panel is staying down.

Any ideas on these 2 points please before I call in someone to have a tinker?

Thankyou,
Andy

Terry sands
24-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Hi
new to forum
2006 phaeton
interior lights come on if I open door/ doors but only when ignition is on
don't work when I unlock doors or open
thanks in advance