PDA

View Full Version : Audi Concert Radio / Cassette unit code display (button 3)

delta925
20-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I have year 2000 A4 Avant with the Concert in-dash radio/tape unit plus CD autochanger in the boot fitted by previous owner.

The only item I did not get with the car was the Concert system manual and code.

When I changed the battery I connected another battery first via socket in load area first so as the radio unit (and ECU) would stay powered. However sooner or later I will need the code, e.g. alternator replacement, and know dealers will charge 30 mins of workshop time at their exorbitant rate to give it me. I contacted the original selling dealer when I first had the car but they have no record of the code.

Above the station 3 button in red is CODE.
If the unit is off and I hold button 3 then switch on the display gives a 4 digit number followed by M 1.

Is this the code for my Concert or something else?

Maybe if you know your code you could try this and see if the displayed number matches or not.

paul b
20-10-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't know if that code you mentioned would work or not. I went in to Audi because mine didn't have it's code. I bought some mudflaps while I was in there and they gave me the code for free! It was Audi Stockport by the way.
Paul