PDA

View Full Version : Black Edition Delivery

gilroy8
26-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Good morning Everybody,

After waiting for 5 long months, I'll be finally receiving my BE Ultra S-tronic in Glacier White on Friday 28th from Northampton Audi (via Lease Company).
I've been told it'll be here between 9-5 and as I'm at work until 12 o'clock, I am getting it delivered to my Parents house in Newcastle-upon-tyne, Is there anything we should look out for when inspecting it upon delivery?
Also is there any tips for setting the car up e.g. MMI etc...?

Needless to say I am stupidly excited to get my hands on this beast!
I shall stick some pictures up once I've calmed myself down :aargh4:

Thanks!
Jamie

brummygit
26-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Hi Jamie

It will be worth the wait - I've had my Black Edition for a month now and love it.

Unless you added the Tech Pack I would have a quick read of the Auto Folding Mirrors thread as you may want to give Northampton Audi a shout to hard code a change for you.

gilroy8
27-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Hi Brummgit,

Oh that's good! They look absolutely stunning mind, what color do you have?

Yeah I've just been reading about it there, I'll get in touch today and hopefully be able to get it sorted prior to Delivery! Audi need to get a wriggle on with this software update they keep talking about!

Widwow
27-10-2016, 12:08 PM
I fully understand how you feel. Try to be there for the delivery yourself, looking at it, the Drive from Northampton, should allow you to get home from work in time.

Things to look out for, the usual things, panels are straight, no wheel dings etc....but you have time. You will spot anything in the days after the delivery. I hope everything will be fine. I am sure, the dealer wouldn't let it go with anything they spotted .

Had mine since the 5th of august, its ace!!! I would have had a white one, if the wife would have let me.. :-)

Enjoy!!

brummygit
27-10-2016, 08:54 PM
I went with black as I think with the privacy glass and new dark grey wheels they look quite mean.

I still have to watch to indicators every time I lock it as I love the sweeping effect, and am really glad I added the matrix lights so I have the same indicators on the front.

AlyM
27-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Things to look out for...

Panel Gaps

All Handbooks are present

All keys x 2 main fobs x 1 plastic wallet key

Scratches on paintwork and interior (quite hard to notice on a white car)

Bad orange peel (again quite hard to notice on a white car)

Make sure it's dry and touchwood it ain't raining. (If it is raining salesman call it 'God's Polish' lol)

One of the most important things is if you chose any options make sure they're installed/there

PDI sheet everything applicable is ticked off
Car mats

Spare wheel unless foam

Locking wheel nut key

Tools in boot

AMI lead/cable
Hope this helps 👍 Pics once you've got her 👍

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gilroy8
28-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Good morning Everybody!

Thanks alot for all the tips!
Amazingly the car arrived at 9am, but I was able nip out of work to go inspect it and found it was all as beautiful as I imagined! Brought it back to work and I'm itching to finish now!

Widwow
28-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Ohh nice, Looks well.

gilroy8
28-10-2016, 11:33 AM
It's unreal Widwow! Taking it out for a drive into the lakes tomorrow so i'll get some proper pics!

Spapro
28-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Enjoy your new car.

Worth checking you get an MMI cable to connect/charge your phone, I checked and wouldn't have got one if I didn't ask. Some on here have been given an iphone and android cable. I was told (after asking for them) that I could have one or the other so went for Android as thats what I have. The cables are £40 each from Audi I believe so worth asking if non forthcoming on delivery.

gilroy8
28-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Thanks Spapro!
Luckily the car came with an apple lightening adaptor and a USB adaptor for the AMI system which I'm over the moon about!