PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I go to Audi for service ......

badboy1984
25-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Took my car in to Audi today to change brake fluid. They charge £59 so I guess is ok to go with them. On the vehicle they found Coolant leak from around water pump. They advise to get it check and they charge £60 for the check, I guess work will need doing after checking which maybe a bigger bill. They only advise and my car is ready to collect.

Do you guys think the water pump need changing? This means changing the cambelt as well? My car have not change the cambelt yet. Is 2009 A4 B8 1.8 TFSI and has done 46k miles at the moment.

Done the multitronic oil change last month so that part is cover.

I also got extended warranty for this car.

zollaf
25-10-2016, 05:34 PM
cant say really, why not get it checked as it may be a leak from a hose and not the water pump itself. but then audi have said its a leak from around the water pump and not actually the water pump itself, which you wont see unless you remove the covers over the timing belt to be able to see it. mind you, since its 7 years old, nearly 8, i would be inclined to just get a timing belt and pump done anyway, since its over due.. and get the leak checked out at the same time.

_tones
25-10-2016, 07:28 PM
I've got a 2010 120ps 1.8TFSI and my car has a timing chain. It may be worth checking if that's the case for yours too as I suspect it'll also have a chain...

See below thread where I asked the question:

2010 (March) - 1.8 TFSI - Timing Chain or Belt? (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/153186-2010-(March)-1-8-TFSI-Timing-Chain-or-Belt)

badboy1984
25-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Yeah, i checked the price on audi and is expensive. £599 to change cambelt and pump. I ask VAGTechnik in manchester (they get good review) and David said if is a belt they charge £315 for belt and pump. Fair price. If ask me to check with audi to see is it a chain first.

I ask them tomz when i pick my car up.

badboy1984
26-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Just checked with Audi the service advisor said my car uses chain mechanism so I don't need to change cambelt.