PDA

View Full Version : Running In

Edinburra
24-10-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm just about to take delivery of a new TT 2.0 S Tronic, Quattro and have looked at the handbook regarding running in, are there any tips/hint that members of this forum can give me to help with this important process?

robes401
25-10-2016, 01:12 PM
If you select Efficiency in the Audi Drive Select, then the car will run in as high gear as possible and thereby you are unlikely to exceed the maximum recommended engine revs during the running in period unless you really stamp on the throttle.

Guest 2
25-10-2016, 01:18 PM
I drove mine normally, didn't make any changes to my driving style. 23k and no issues and no oil consumption at all.

Alan02
22-11-2016, 11:13 PM
If you drive in efficiency setting you will have a better chance of labouring, or putting a bit more load on it due to it feeling very sluggish. I would just drive normally, you can see the rev counter, you know the gear its in and the road speed.

Edinburra
22-11-2016, 11:20 PM
If you drive in efficiency setting you will have a better chance of labouring, or putting a bit more load on it due to it feeling very sluggish. I would just drive normally, you can see the rev counter, you know the gear its in and the road speed.

Thank you, I'm keeping the revs below 3000/3500 and using the paddles occasionally. I'm using the Auto setting as I believe it will better serve running in than any other setting. A bit of comon sense helps, easy as it goes but not too slowly, keeping up with the traffic as best as I can. I appreciate you comments.