PDA

View Full Version : Emissions fix

leeboyd2587
22-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Has anyone got the vw/audi emissions fix done to their car... and if so did it affect the performance? Mines is booked in for Wednesday but some people are saying that I will lose some bhp.. any comments would be much appreciated thanks🚘🚘

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guest 2
22-10-2016, 09:44 AM
Have you had a look on this forum for other posts?

There are quite a few threads ongoing about the subject.

leeboyd2587
22-10-2016, 09:59 AM
No sorry I've just joined and new to this

Crasher
22-10-2016, 08:15 PM
I am advising all my customers to not have it done, in fact emphasising that if they get a running problem afterwards I will only be able to help by reversing it. The cars are fine, leave it alone.

leeboyd2587
22-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Thank you very much I will be cancelling my appointment

zollaf
22-10-2016, 08:27 PM
if they get a running problem afterwards I will only be able to help by reversing it..

how far do you have to drive backwards to fix it ? must try this myself.

Crasher
22-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Not far at all on the hatchback models as you leave it open so all the nasty crap that comes out of the tailpipe goes into the cabin where the human occupants use their built in filter system (AKA lungs) to remove said “crap” to filter and purify the air, booted models do require the removal of the back seat to allow for “through flow” ventilation. This process is aided by the addition of a brace of young lungs which although lacking in actual capacity, are more efficient at collecting NOX and indeed PM emissions plus being young, they are more….expendable…

The Accountant
11-04-2017, 09:01 PM
I am advising all my customers to not have it done, in fact emphasising that if they get a running problem afterwards I will only be able to help by reversing it. The cars are fine, leave it alone.

i know this was an old post but i have just seen it, i have been trying to get VW to reverse the emissions recall since december... do i read your post correctly... you can put the old software back, i.e. Factory settings?. if this is the caseplease let me know i may know a few that would be interested.
thanks
Jerry