PDA

View Full Version : Golf MK5 1.9 TDI 2004 105Bhp REMAP!

hussnainh8
21-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Hi,

This is not a question. I just wanted to write a review after getting my Golf MK5 1.9 TDI 2004 BKC 105Bhp remapped. Didn't see many reviews after remaps about this car so here goes... Short story is... Get it done! You wont regret it.. It literally pulls like a train even after 3k which was supposed to be the "Dead Zone".

Long story.......

Took my car in to one of the APR authorized garages in Huntingdon to get it remapped after ringing companies like REVO and RTECH who didn't have an available slot for a booking till the 21st November! Rang APR garage and he said come down on the same day and made a booking for 16.30 PM. Had already got it remapped ones (or an attempt should I say) from a garage in Peterborough (Wouldnt want to name and shame) who did the generic remaps (plug and Go) which made absolutely no difference to my car at all..Instantly got a refund from them. This is now 3 months later that I saved my money an decided to take a bullet and actually go with a reputable company such as APR, Revo or R TECH etc etc.. This APR garage was literally the only garage available to remap the same day so I went for it!

Had some problems because I got there and he checked the health of the car and test drove it to make sure everything runs as it should and that it wasn't already remapped or any thing which it wasn't. Then he connected a VAG COM to it to make sure it was not reading any errors which there where 6 but those where only due to me changing my interior bulbs to white leds haha.. He cleared these for me too before starting with the remap!

The remap itself shouldn't have taken more than 1 hour tops but we ran into some major issues where the ECU version was somehow up to date to VW's latest ECU software! Strange!! This therefore meant the software they had which was initially built for an older ECU version and it didn't want to work with my car and it caused issues because it wouldn't even let us start the car any more due to no file on the ECU. He rang up APR straight away and asked why the latest file was not provided to him for these kind of issues and they where very helpful as they where creating ECU remap files straight away on their side and controlling the laptop to remap the ECU.. It didn't go well because the car just wouldn't have it however we called it a day because the garage was supposed to close by 6PM. Due to the car not starting any longer, he drove me back to Peterborough in his car and was very apologetic because this had never happened to him and had guaranteed that the car will be done by next day 12PM and that he would even bring the car back to Peterborough so it doesn't cause me any hassle to get to him. I can say it was definitely not his fault because for all I know, the guys in Peterborough must have tampered with the file and done something wrong because they seemed like they didn't know what they where doing in the first place! I am just thankful I came to his garage!

So next day, got a call around 10.30 AM that the car was ready and he would bring it to me in the afternoon.. I couldn't wait and didn't have much to do at home any way so decided I would take my brother with me and we would go pick the car up. My brother got FREE APR stickers as well as me and key chains because of the hassle caused which where meant to be selling materials but he gave them as an apology! (I do not blame him for what happened in any way because I am pretty sure it would have happened to any of the garages/companies I could have gone too and neither was it his fault that the software was not the latest.. This being said, the new software was sent within minutes to him by APR customer service so well done to them as well).

That's the story....Now.. the review on the remap........ My car is literally transformed! It pulls waaay stronger and has a kick after 2k revs.. Feels like it wants to throw you into the window!!!! :D Not only that but now it literally keeps pulling after 3k revs and doesn't stop till 4k bang on! I can feel the car just pushing and pushing... It was never that powerful on stock because after 3k, it felt like it gave up! Yes if you be stupid and bog the engine down then you will run into problems with clutch slip etc but put the foot down after at least 2,100 revs and WOW is all I can! Used to put a smile on my face but now I am grinning widely! It is a lot more torque-y even in 5th gear! Casually doing 70MPH and put the foot down and it just pushes with ease to 90MPH! Not been more than that because I have a black box in my car! haha, All I can say is, it is the best customer service I have received when it came to this remap and I was worried how it will go being my first ever remap but I couldn't ask for anything better! Even comes with a 30 days money back guarantee with no questions asked! Pretty positive that I will not be needing to use that any time soon! :) It is a big review for any body who has the same car as me.. Be assured, it is worth every penny! Cost was £334.40.. £34.40 more than R TECH and REVO etc but the customer service I received, I guess that justifies it all. :)

Thank You.

MiniMental
21-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Sounds good, always good when you can breathe some new life into an older car you've grown used too.... especially on a 1.9pd. VAG's best [emoji106][emoji106]

I will say, given the black box remark, I hope you've declared the map to your insurer, would hate to think if you got in an accident that your insurance would be void. ;)

Enjoy

Mini

hussnainh8
21-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Nope.. Have to take the risk.. I am 19 so that is not an option as I am already paying £1,000 insurance. I am hearing that they don't actually bother to go through the ECU and check for increased BHP or Torque etc... Just a visual check to see if nothing looks modified... At the same time.. I also have not declared my Window tint as well as a £300 head unit

zollaf
21-10-2016, 09:15 PM
then you sir are a prize knob head

MiniMental
21-10-2016, 09:20 PM
So when you run someone over and destroy their entire life, they'll get nothing. Or when you hit someone else, they end up paying through the nose for their premiums because your insurance is void? That's one of the exact feckin reasons insurance is so goddamn high as it is.

If you can't afford to insure it, do as the rest of us do and wait till you can. It's always the person(s) you hit that pays the price. Not you, you'll just get a ban and probably carry on driving anyways [emoji106].

Not cool man.

MiniMental
21-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Insurers will look at everything they can get their hands on btw, if they can find a way to not pay out, they will. Guaranteed. They don't need a rolling road, they plug in a computer and it tells them. 5 minute job.

zollaf
21-10-2016, 09:26 PM
its great how having a 300 quid stereo is more important than being properly insured, isn't it. that money would probably pay for the increase in premium if the remap was declared, although at 19 they may refuse to insure him. lets hope he gets pulled by the old bill for something and they check it out and take the car off him as well as his crack.

hussnainh8
21-10-2016, 10:33 PM
its great how having a 300 quid stereo is more important than being properly insured, isn't it. that money would probably pay for the increase in premium if the remap was declared, although at 19 they may refuse to insure him. lets hope he gets pulled by the old bill for something and they check it out and take the car off him as well as his crack.

Excuse me? Have I asked for your input on if I should declare the modifications? Whats making you assume I take "Crack"? Is it the fact that I am muslim and your too stuck up the news papers *** that you listen to every word you here? People these days are driving around with no insurance at all, heck not even a driving license so how about you go give that lecture to them first then come here talking about insurance. This thread is here to tell people they should remap their Golf MK5's.. Not on here for you to tell me to declare my modification. Let me assume something now... Your probably some ******** who speeds around the city with a legal vehicle and pretends like your not doing nothing wrong. If you want to talk about legality then tell me ones you stick to the speed limit which 99.9% of people still break till this day. Oh, let me save you the hassle of replying.. Don't bother. You will be ignored.

hussnainh8
21-10-2016, 10:35 PM

"Hit the redline"
"Audi s4 avant 2.7 bi turbo nogaro blue MRC tuned 326PS and 559NM torque"

Pretty sure your never sticking to the speed limit seeing as you hit red lines. Like it when assumptions are made? Thick f*ck.

hussnainh8
21-10-2016, 10:42 PM
So when you run someone over and destroy their entire life, they'll get nothing. Or when you hit someone else, they end up paying through the nose for their premiums because your insurance is void? That's one of the exact feckin reasons insurance is so goddamn high as it is.

If you can't afford to insure it, do as the rest of us do and wait till you can. It's always the person(s) you hit that pays the price. Not you, you'll just get a ban and probably carry on driving anyways [emoji106].

Not cool man.

You also the type to say bicycles shouldn't be on the road due to them not having insurance? I understand the fact not declaring modifications is wrong and I have thought about it many times and tried to contact insurance as well asking for a quote on tinted windows.. They said they did not allow modifications. Respect for your comment, at least you said it in a more appropriate manner compared to your buddy who assumed I was on "crack". Again, this is not about me declaring modifications or not. It is about a Golf MK5 being remapped. Will gladly attempt to delete the thread if you and him carry on about declaring modifications.

Crasher
21-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Hopefully Mr Hussain, very soon one of your upper con rod bearings will pick up and cause a rod to snap and do the regular BKC/BXE trait of throwing themselves out of the block and with any luck will **** you between the legs to prevent you breeding and making any more people as idiotic as yourself.....

hussnainh8
21-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Hopefully you will learn how to spell peoples names correctly.

zollaf
22-10-2016, 10:11 AM
oh i am sorry, i didnt realise you were a muslim.. as you were then, carry on doing what you like and i will stop being a racist..

Gazwould
22-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Phew !

It's hot in here , all these flames...

On a calmer note , the BKC upper conrod bearing issue is true , BXE fair worse .

Although done an alternative to the tints would of been cheaper and easily removable and resellable Privacy Shades.

zollaf
22-10-2016, 04:44 PM
incidentally, 'hit the redline' refers to the fact i have made over 10,000 posts, sad or what, and doesn't reflect the way i drive.

MiniMental
23-10-2016, 12:41 AM
incidentally, 'hit the redline' refers to the fact i have made over 10,000 posts, sad or what, and doesn't reflect the way i drive.

I hope that doesn't mean people think I drive round in first gear... No wonder the input shaft fell out of my GGB gearbox....