PDA

View Full Version : White marks on chrome window surround

xtremist
21-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Has anybody else seen white spots / marks on the 'chrome' window surrounds? (see photo).

I noticed them a few months ago, but as its a company car, wasn't overly fussed about them. However, the car went in for it's 1st service last week and the the service guy from Audi noticed it and he'd never seen it before so I should get it booked in to be checked.

If you run your finger over it, it doesn't feel rough or as though there is a step between the white part and silver part.

Any ideas?

cowcatcher
21-10-2016, 06:33 PM
I had the same thing on my B8, and I remember a guy at work had on his A4 a good few years ago. He got all the trim changed. I didn't bother!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JamieG
24-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Very very common, I've a b7 a4 car had this real bad and got the garage to change them not long after purchased 2nd hand, it's to do with poor washing and not rinsing off the trims properly allowing the wet to dry on, this makes the "boil" marks but then they just expand and look rubbish.

Lukenkarl
25-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Tell them you want it replaced...but it will happen again. Best cure have them wrapped

Gazwould
25-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Someone really likes your car...

RickT
26-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Warrenty claims have been rejected within the VAG group for this issue in the past blaming the chemicals car wash companies use.

xtremist
26-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Warrenty claims have been rejected within the VAG group for this issue in the past blaming the chemicals car wash companies use.

That'll be amusing, as Audi were the last ones that washed it and that 'hand print' was left by them.

Pretty poor show if they don't replace it (I won't be wrapping it, as it's a company car) and if it wasn't, is that right that a car that is 7-8 months old has a cosmetic defect. I will let the lease company have the discussion with them.

xtremist
01-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Just to update this thread. Audi have replaced all of the window trims on my car, so no more milky white marks for me. :beerchug:

JamieG
01-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Perfect :)