PDA

View Full Version : Question A1 Supplementary heating

Rich1408
18-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi
Anyone know if the supplementary heating can be switched off/on via OBD II ?
My car was in Audi for warning emissions light check and service and when I got it back after a row with them....(long story) I noticed immediately that the supplementary heating was not working.
They had switched off everything, auto lights and wipers, fan etc., so I was wondering if the idiots switched Supp heating off via the computer and didn't put it back on?
Now it would be ok to just go back and get them to check but I am not ever going near Cardiff Audi again, bunch of amateur cowboys. And I get angry just thinking about the way they conduct business.
Any help appreciated.

Rich

josedebardi
18-10-2016, 02:14 PM
All Audi's I've had with the supplemental heater have an option in the MMI. Take a look in Menu>Car>Climate Control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich1408
18-10-2016, 07:52 PM
All Audi's I've had with the supplemental heater have an option in the MMI. Take a look in Menu>Car>Climate ControlSent from my iPhone using TapatalkHi,Yes I had wondered that, but it's not in there, I have manual A/C, maybe that's why?thanksRich

josedebardi
18-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Just checked and it only kicks in if you set the heat over ~80% if you don't have climate control

Rich1408
18-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Yes, that's right, and it doesn't. But the heating would be warm even at 1/4 on but it's now cold and doesn't get warm until 1/2, which was obvious as soon as I got in it.
There is an economy 'graph' showing how much extra fuel is used when A/C is on, it did the same when supp heating went on, it still increases for A/C but doesn't move when supp heating should be in, so I'm 99.99% sure it's not working as it should but only since the Audi fools meddled. I have an obdII decent piece of kit on order so going to look myself. Hoping it goes far enough to look at these options.

Rich

josedebardi
18-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Yea does sound wrong. ODB2 scanner may help, but VCDS would defo show you what is going on.
I reckon they either accidentally left it unplugged when fiddling in the engine bay, did a software update which changed the behaviour, or maybe they disabled it as a test and didn't re-enable.
It might be worth a call to ask and see if it jogs the tech's mind that he forgot to enable/plug it back in?

zollaf
18-10-2016, 10:32 PM
or perhaps they just hate you and are doing little things to upset you.

Rich1408
18-10-2016, 10:48 PM
or perhaps they just hate you and are doing little things to upset you.
Oh they hate me alright, I told them exactly what I thought of them. Probably because my outside warranty servicing wasn't done by them.

Rich1408
18-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Yea does sound wrong. ODB2 scanner may help, but VCDS would defo show you what is going on.
I reckon they either accidentally left it unplugged when fiddling in the engine bay, did a software update which changed the behaviour, or maybe they disabled it as a test and didn't re-enable.
It might be worth a call to ask and see if it jogs the tech's mind that he forgot to enable/plug it back in?

Not sure I'll get anything from them, we didn't part as friends.
kit I've ordered to reset service interval etc is this,

1 x iCarsoft VAG II Audi, Seat, Skoda & VW Oil Service Reset & Multi System Diagnostic Tool
wondering if it will see these options

Rich