PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate water ingress

gamichea
16-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Opened the tailgate yesterday and water rushed out from behind the trim panels through the gaps between the lower panel and the upper trim around the window, from the outer edges of the window trim and the gaps around the hatches giving access to the light clusters. I opened and closed the tailgate a dozen or so times to clear it and water could be heard moving from the bottom of the tailgate before exiting as described.

The car lives outside and its the first time I have experienced this in five months. We had a very wet June here and had a couple of long very wet journeys abroad. It rained quite a bit here last night and this morning and there was more water in there but not a lot. There is what appears to be a drain hole in the bottom of the tailgate with a rubber insert which did not seem to be blocked when I probed it with a cocktail stick, but it seems to rise above the panel skin inside.

Anyone else experienced this? Any Ideas? I can't see an obvious place for water to get in.

smithy602179
20-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Is your rear wash still working . I had similar problem on an old 5.5 the pipe would come off in heavy frosts and then the brass spindle broke and water from washer jet would follow wiper across screen .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gamichea
20-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Thanks for that smithy. Yes, it's working correctly, good idea though. My main concern is its not draining away through a designed in drainage route.

jimgironde
20-10-2016, 07:37 PM
trip to dealer presumably as it is new car?