PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

buttonmoon
20-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi,

this is my first post on this forum !
I used to own a Golf TDI 130 (2002) 60k on the clock, which I had for 2 and a half years, but sold it 6 months ago as I was bored with it and started to hate the color - White !

Thing was I then bought a BMW 320d 136bhp Yreg with 106k on the clock.
I never had any problems with the Golf, but so far with the BMW I've had to replace the front Cat Exhaust cos the flexi bit went, and now I've got
symptoms of injector problems, which will cost a bit to fix.

Now I regret getting rid of the Golf and am worried about what else is going to go wrong with the BMW.

Seems the 3 series is quite an unreliable car - despite what you here in the press.

Thought I'd register on here to keep an eye on reliability issues with VAG cars and see if I can get an idea of how much more reliable they are.

Good thing about the BMW though is it handles and stops better than the Golf, also quieter cabin but otherwise the Golf was a better car in every way.

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to make a Passat handle and stop more like a 3 series.

Problem with the Golf was the back end was sooooo easy to loose in the wet !

anyway Hi and thanks for reading

Jules
:beerchug:

RickT
20-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

In regards to the Passat question.. if you get one of the Sport models the suspension is better than the standard spec.. rides a little harder and handles that bit better!

Rick