PDA

View Full Version : SE Business Edition lights

EGoodier
14-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Hello,

I am trying to work out the light bulbs used in the SE Business Edition front lights.
It would be a standard model - with no LED lights.
The usual places I look for light bulbs to buy don't seem to have B8 Passat listed yet.

So far I have found:-
Side - W5W 501
Dipped - H7 (not 100% sure on this)
Main - ???
Fog - H8?
Daytime - W21W 582?

Has anyone changed the side lights to LED versions (with canbus) for this model and does the car accept it without error codes?
And has anyone changed the daytime lights to LED versions (with canbus) without error codes.
I'm thinking the LED without canbus will give an error code but I'm not sure.
The reason to upgrade is purely to have a whiter possible more visible daytime light (I'm used to a Mondeo with LED daytime lights which are easily visible from afar)

Has anyone tried the kits from www.ledperf.co.uk (http://www.ledperf.co.uk) ?

Any advice on the above bulbs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ewan

technik
21-10-2016, 10:25 PM
I've put a guide on changing the drls on here somewhere. I've done a friend's and there was no issue. Can't remember what type they were, but the guide shows how to get then out and check.

EGoodier
23-10-2016, 09:06 PM
I had a look:-

Side - W5W 501
Dipped - H7
Main - ??? - can't get my hand in to twist bulb to remove.
Fog - H8
Daytime - W21W (582)

Tried to remove the sidelights - booklet says pull plastic tab straight out, but its firmly stuck. Bit scared to really try a pull in case I break something.
So much metal work in the way for my big hands to get a good grip on the main beam bulbs.

Also it seems that any LED bulb upgrade isn't road legal, so that ends that line of upgrading.

H8 upgrade bulbs seem few. But I'm sure I read H11 replacements may be possible (perhaps with minor alteration to bulbs themselves) - H11's seem to have a wider choice.