PDA

View Full Version : Creaking

djmx5
14-10-2016, 11:34 AM
My B8 saloon has taken to making creaking sounds when going over speed humps (at sensible speed).

Has anyone found the same? I have had this happen on other cars whereby the issue ceases as soon as it rains. Guessing its some 'dry' suspension components. Switching the driver profile to sport seems to lessen the effect from the 'normal' mode I usually have it in, but not completely.

Due its 2nd service soon so will raise it with the VAG garage.

Thanks for reading

D

fm_carv
14-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Haven't noticed that.

I do have an annoying rattle from inside the cabin when engine vibrates a little more. Seems to come from between the steering wheel and the door panel.

4NT
14-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Nor me and I hope I don't. I have a vibration at 1200 rpm which I think someone mentioned was from the heater matrix. Hope you get to the source of the issues.

I have to say adter owning a number of vag cars in particular Passat B6 I expected the build, fit and finish to be better. :confused:

djmx5
16-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks for your replies chaps. I don't have the same rattle you describe, although it appears I am not alone in my issue. I posted the same message on uk passats forum and received a reply from a chap with the same problem that VW cannot fix!
I have to say this new passat, whilst a nice drive, is let down by this issue and the unrefined engine feel at low engine speed. If the creaking suspension cannot be fixed i will change it as it is too intrusive inside the cabin. I think the car would feel better with a petrol engine too.
D

MattB247
17-10-2016, 08:31 PM
I've just started to notice that today in exactly the same place on my 150 R Line, I'll vary the revs a bit tomorrow and see if that changes anything.

ismart
22-10-2016, 11:52 PM
yep, I get creaking over speed bumps too... plus rattles at about 2000 revs. The dealership did the heater matrix mod but the rattle remains. They couldn't fimd the cause of the creaking. I'd really like to hear from anyone who gets this sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ismart
25-10-2016, 04:43 PM
I have been wondering if the creaking is caused by the plastic cover under the car.

djmx5
26-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Well mine went in today for its 2nd service (17.5k miles!!!).
whilst there they 'lubricated' the suspension was all the girl at the desk could say. Didn't make the slightest difference i noted on the way home!
The brand new b8 estate i had as courtesy car also had the same problem. As does my son's teachers, also a 65 plate, so I am satisfied this is not an isolated issue.
I will take it back but in all honesty I have neither the time nor inclination to play back and forth with a garage over this.
I shall turn the radio up and start looking for something else
D

HAWKS
27-10-2016, 09:26 PM
What are you doing with your sons Teacher.....:bigeyes:

djmx5
29-10-2016, 10:09 AM
What are you doing with your sons Teacher.....:bigeyes:

What?

HAWKS
29-10-2016, 10:42 AM
As does my son's teachers, also a 65 plate, so I am satisfied this is not an isolated issue.

djmx5
29-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Thank you for your response.

I fail to see how it adds anything to this discussion.

HAWKS
30-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Sorry.
Its a different thing,its called wit....
My A4B5 had a creeking sound from the front even after changing all the lower and the 2 top arms. I had to replace the 2 top mounts before it stopped. Yes mine was an A4, but i replaced them with passat parts as they were the same and cheaper.

BenR
03-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Yes I'm getting this going over big smooth speed humps that make the bodywork bounce a bit, it seems to be coming from the rear suspension. Aso got a service coming up in a few weeks so I'll mention it.

ismart
03-11-2016, 11:48 PM
is yours affected by outside temperature or driving time? The creaking on my car only seems to happen in the first 10 minutes or so of driving. I'm nor sure if this is temperature or other related.

ismart
21-12-2016, 06:14 PM
does any one else have creaking issues. This is really starting to bug me. The dealer greased the ball joints but it didn't help.