PDA

View Full Version : Parrot blue tooth and Golf V and iPhone

Bear
20-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Anyone out there with this combination? Does it work???

Stinkycheeseman
10-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Just picked up my new Golf Match, which I am using with a Parrot CK3100 and my iPhone. It works fine!

Bear
11-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Yep, I should have been back on and confirming this. First try, the installer stuffed it up, and the volmune match between phone and raido was a mile apart, and the bloody kit wasn't powered through accessories, so never turned off. Second try that was fixed but kit had problem (or it was a result of first fitting) so now couldn't hang up from steering wheel! New kit, new fitting and bingo, iPhone and Parrot happily talking and it works with wife's iPhone as well. Took a while because the Parrot guys work out of Sydney and I had to wait for local people to fix. Sydney guys were good though and I'd recommend.

Stinkycheeseman
11-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey! Having read your experience with the Golf/Parrot combo, I'm now wondering if mine is actually working as well as I thought! My steering wheel control is inactive, but the guys at VW who installed it told me this was standard. I take it yours works? Another question - does your iPhone ringtone come through the stereo system or do you get the Parrot ringtone? I spoke to someone yesterday who doesn't have the in-built Match iPod socket and they appear to have some differences to me. Just wondering if I should be getting the kit installation checked...
Cheers!

Bear
11-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Mine works through the steering wheel.
Can't recall the ringtones though, as I hardly drive the car at the moment but I will check it out.
The steering wheel gives you call answer, hang up, mute, vol up and down and last number recall. oh and reverts back to iphone as well for privacy.

Stinkycheeseman
13-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Cheers for that! My Parrot stopped working after a day so the guys at VW are going to have a look at it and will hopefully sort out the steering wheel controls.