PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead / Firewall access to battery

4NT
10-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone.

Can anyone help me out? Does anyone know where to access the battery from the cabin through the bulkhead / firewall? I really regret not factory ordering the audio upgrade so adding a small powered sub to improve the situation.

Thanks in advance!

gamichea
10-10-2016, 09:32 PM
I had my approved service outlet connect the power feed for my dash cam to an un-switched power supply. There is no additional connection to the battery visible in the engine compartment. I suspect the feed has been taken from somewhere in the region of the fuse box which is at the back of the glove box, especially as they connected a USB charger and cable to a switched supply for me at the same time. The USB cable which exits above the steering column shroud comes from the direction of the fuse box.

I discussed my needs directly with their Master Tech. so expect the job to have been done properly.

Access to the fuse box is covered in the handbook.

4NT
11-10-2016, 05:10 AM
Hey thanks Gamichea, I did mention pulling power from inside the cabin to the auto electrician on the phone yesterday but he said that the voltage would be too low and needs to get into the engine bay but suspected there were no longer gromits behold the dash to use. Any help welcome as I've scoured the internet and found nothing....