PDA

View Full Version : iPhone playback via AMI cable issue

D33
10-10-2016, 01:38 PM
On some journeys (but not all) the playback of music from my iPhone is disrupted every ~30 seconds or so by the headset saying no cable connected. It takes about 5 seconds to reconnect and start playing again.

I've checked the connections and they are 100% sound so it is either a phone, headunit or cable issue.

Has anyone had the same problem?

johnsimcox
10-10-2016, 02:22 PM
On some journeys (but not all) the playback of music from my iPhone is disrupted every ~30 seconds or so by the headset saying no cable connected. It takes about 5 seconds to reconnect and start playing again.

I've checked the connections and they are 100% sound so it is either a phone, headunit or cable issue.

Has anyone had the same problem?
The AMI interface is at best poor. Not experienced the cutting out but do experience the "not supported" or "no device connected" messages when first selecting Media on a regular basis. Try do a cold start on the iPhone (fully power it off and then restart it) whilst it is connected. If the problem persists see if you can borrow a lead from a friend or the dealer to determine if it is the lead, then try a different device to check if it is the phone. If all of those exhibit the same problem then it will either be the installation or the flaky software. Many people have abandoned the AMI interface and instead put their content onto an SD card to get round the problems

D33
10-10-2016, 03:25 PM
I did try using the AMI/USB cable and a standard iPhone lightening connector but that didn't even charge!

The whole MMI thing seems pretty average at best.

Rauf786
11-10-2016, 09:27 AM
The MMI is crap of my MY17 black edition. My 2005 3 series has a better media system and it's the the basic small screen business edition.