PDA

View Full Version : POSSIBLE POWER GAINS

glen_a4turbo
15-08-2006, 12:50 PM
i am in the process of purchasing the following:

K04 turbo, Full flow stainless system and de-cat pipe and REVO remap for the ecu. what possible bhp will i end up with after the gains.

i have also got a enclosed induction kit that i have just fitted with a heat shield from the cat.

devonutopia
16-08-2006, 09:19 PM
On what car? Ah. just read its an Audi A4 1.8T from your username. :D Assuming its a normal 20vt engine, I would say with that you would get around a true 245bhp. The turbo will help. Will ultimately depend on how good the remap is, and making sure the remap comes after all the hardware mods are done. :)

I would strongly recommend getting some form of front mounted intercooler to complement these mods as you'll be pusing more boost and power and to keep the power true and good through the rev range you want to keep intake temps down (i.e kill heatsoak) - A damn good FMIC is the only realistic option. Would be another £500 odd on top of whatever's being spent on the turbo and other bits.

Sam
17-08-2006, 08:53 AM
On what car? Ah. just read its an Audi A4 1.8T from your username. :D Assuming its a normal 20vt engine, I would say with that you would get around a true 245bhp. The turbo will help. Will ultimately depend on how good the remap is, and making sure the remap comes after all the hardware mods are done. :)

I would strongly recommend getting some form of front mounted intercooler to complement these mods as you'll be pusing more boost and power and to keep the power true and good through the rev range you want to keep intake temps down (i.e kill heatsoak) - A damn good FMIC is the only realistic option. Would be another £500 odd on top of whatever's being spent on the turbo and other bits.

x2 on all of the above especially the FMIC

Have a look on ukpassats.co.uk for details of Forge's FMIC, IIRC there's a Group Buy going on at the moment.