PDA

View Full Version : Question How to a back box delete

Golf TD
06-10-2016, 05:31 PM
I've got a golf mk5 1.9tdi and I want to do a back box delete. How do I do it and where can I get a pipe from. Finally will it pass on mot thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sam
06-10-2016, 05:39 PM
You cut off the backbox and replace it with a straight pipe - that part is simple.

As for whether it will pass or not, the MOT manual is here > http://www.ukmot.com/manual/7.1/Exhaust-Fuel-and-Emissions#MOT < have a look.

The real question is why you want to remove the rear silencer?

Golf TD
06-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Thanks where can get a straight pipe from

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

zollaf
06-10-2016, 05:56 PM
you cant, you get one made. as for the mot, yes it will pass, as for being legal, no it wont be. vehicles that are type approved for noise, i.e. most post 2001, it is illegal to modify the exhaust in such a way as to make the car louder. (from vehicle construction and use 1986). be wary, get a knowledgable traffic cop and you will make his day. to do the delete, go to a garage and get them to cut out the back box and weld in a straight pipe. you end up with a load of extra drone that gives you headaches and zero extra power unless you are running major boost and plenty fuel and over 220 bhp.

Sam
07-10-2016, 09:14 AM
What he said ^

Straight pipes are great when you're in an underground car park or a tunnel, but on a long journey at a constant speed you'll wish you were deaf after a few miles.