PDA

View Full Version : MMI Spec - Video Playback

dannyrog
05-10-2016, 06:01 AM
Hi All,

Very quick query, If someone with a little more know than me can chip in... Early morning google through fustration to my query led me here.....

I have a 2016 TDI Ultra Sport (love it) but not as much now :( Last night kids football training moved to later times - two hours back to back and after a bit of spectating I went to take a comfy seat in the car and tinker with the MMI.
I'd grabbed a DVD and a correctly formatted SD card with varying formats of films, thought I'd chill in comfort and watch some rubbish but in no way will the MMI unit entertain any films or formats I threw at it. DVD simply states unrecognised media, SD will show MP3 etc but will not even hint at MP4/AVI/MPEG etc.
I'm not after VIM but I'd have hoped at least I could watch it a bit of something when parked up. Really can't believe the spec of the car and resolution of screen will not allow this, but seems to be the case.

I have Sat-Nav on the MMI, the unit in the glovebox is DVD and two SD slots but I do not have the touch sensitive wheel for satnav entries etc. Not sure if this is enough to paint of picture of the MMI unit I have.

Has anyone with a similar, well the same spec really - MMI unit kindly got a reply or input as to if the unit is capable of video playback - DVD, SD or USB etc. Again, not looking to get a film on when driving I'd be happy sitting still.

Thanks kindly in advance,

Dan

yuppyflyer
05-10-2016, 06:13 AM
Think you might need the MMI Plus navigation system which is contained in the Technology Pack option to be able to play DVD's.

dannyrog
05-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Thanks for that, not cool ;) I think I have nav plus but definitely not nav plus with touch. Oh well, surprised but at least I know. Will tape the Ipad to the display ;) or see if a techno guy can say it can be done with some of the coding bits. Thanks again though....