PDA

View Full Version : Where to put my key

PADDCOMP
04-10-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm currently getting used to my new C7, SE Executive. First time I've had a car with keyless start, which I like, but does pose the question of where to put the key?
If it's in my trouser pocket I need to wrestle it out to access the garage door opener. If I keep it in my coat same problem plus need to find it to lock the doors. Having the key hanging by the steering wheel did have some advantages.

Where do you put your key?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Eshrules
04-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Audi Lanyard NEW Black White | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Lanyard-NEW-Black-White-/222268629309)

zollaf
04-10-2016, 03:21 PM
it is one of those things with keyless entry and start. very annoying when we collect a car, you jump in then cant find where the key goes, then realise you just press a button but still have the key in your hand, no wonder they get lost so easily.

AT.
04-10-2016, 04:06 PM
I'm currently getting used to my new C7, SE Executive. First time I've had a car with keyless start, which I like, but does pose the question of where to put the key?

I use the central cup holder, but you can also use the ashtray if you don't smoke.

Also you can use the armrest's case, or the empty space below it, however IMHO these are far harder to use compared to my first idea :)

istate75
04-10-2016, 05:07 PM
If it's in my trouser pocket I need to wrestle it out to access the garage door opener. If I keep it in my coat same problem plus need to find it to lock the doors. Having the key hanging by the steering wheel did have some advantages.

Where do you put your key?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I leave mine in my jacket pocket when I'm working (have to wear a suit for work) and in my jeans pocket at weekends etc. My wife puts her car away at night (as soon as she gets in) so leaves the garage door opener in the glovebox, separate from her car key.

belly buster
04-10-2016, 05:43 PM
I sometimes put it in the ashtray, sometimes the cup holder, sometimes wedged between my thighs, sometimes in my trouser pocket, sometimes in my jacket pocket, and occasionally I sling it on the passenger seat.

Exiting the car usually results in a little pat-down dance, followed by rummage through the above places before realising the keys are in my hand.

Lazyoaf
04-10-2016, 07:17 PM
In the smaller of the 2 cup holders.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

zollaf
04-10-2016, 07:54 PM
what to do when a copper asks you to take the keys out the ignition please sir ??

Sam
05-10-2016, 11:16 AM
what to do when a copper asks you to take the keys out the ignition please sir ??

Drive off at speed, leaving them standing at the side of the road. Innit.