PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered an S4!

porty
28-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Hi all - just ordered a new S4 saloon. Have now had my old S4 for seven years from new. I have gone for the new one in Misano Red with driver assistance, light and vision pack (matrix LED lights, virtual cockpit and extended LED interior lighting), advanced key, hill hold, heated front and rear seats, memory electric seats & mirrors, flat bottomed steering wheel, piano black inlays, rear view camera, rear side airbags. My Christmas present to myself!

xtremist
28-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Nice spec

Paul Nisbet
28-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Sweet!

catflap
17-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Hi all - just ordered a new S4 saloon. Have now had my old S4 for seven years from new. I have gone for the new one in Misano Red with driver assistance, light and vision pack (matrix LED lights, virtual cockpit and extended LED interior lighting), advanced key, hill hold, heated front and rear seats, memory electric seats & mirrors, flat bottomed steering wheel, piano black inlays, rear view camera, rear side airbags. My Christmas present to myself!

I'm thinking of ordering an S4 Avant to replace my 18-month-old SQ5. Can I ask what lead time you were quoted by your dealer?

My dealer is estimating 4-6 months from time of order acceptance.

Is it just me or is there no black exterior trim option available on the new S4? Looks like there's a lot of chrome trim!

http://uk.audi.com/A8BYQL62

porty
17-10-2016, 11:46 PM
Hi catfalp, I ordered mine on 28 September and the confirmation from the factory says that it is scheduled to be built in week 46, but allowing for the time it will take to get through shipping and logistics, I have been told to expect delivery in early January. The brochure shows a Black Styling Pack for the S4 (£550), but I'm not sure that I remember it coming up on the configurator. I actually prefer the chrome on a red car. Neither my current S4 or A4 have the black styling pack and I think they look great.

porty
09-12-2016, 12:59 PM
My car has come a month early! Ordered 28 September and I collect it this afternoon. Very pleased with a delivery time of just over 2 months!

cowcatcher
09-12-2016, 07:39 PM
We need pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porty
12-12-2016, 01:48 PM
here's one of the pictures the dealer took when I collected it

cowcatcher
12-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Looks cracking[emoji106]. My S-line is due mid Jan, I hope it comes early like yours did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

santacruz88
13-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Awesome car mate - I'm picking up my S4 on Saturday. I've been talking to people on audi-sport.net and they all seem seem to have ordered avants - I thought I was the only one with a saloon!

Does yours have the TFSI badge on the back or just the S4 badge? The configurator shows it, but the 2 avants I've seen photos of do not. Just need to know whether to get the dealer to remove it or not. Cheers!

porty
13-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Mine hasn't got the TFSI badge on the rear, just the S4 badge. I prefer saloons too! I bet you can't wait for Saturday!

santacruz88
13-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Mine hasn't got the TFSI badge on the rear, just the S4 badge. I prefer saloons too! I bet you can't wait for Saturday!

Great, thanks for letting me know - seems like the TFSI de-badge is a UK market thing.

The rarity of saloons being ordered will hopefully be good for residual values in a few years' time :-)

Yep, I can't wait - can't believe the months of waiting is finally over. Have fun in yours mate!