PDA

View Full Version : toledo 2007 rotational headlamps

pushkin
19-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Dealer sold me a set of plastic headlamp covers for euro travel. I now find that my Toledo has rotational headlamps that have to be disabled before using the covers and sticky black plastic. Is there any way I can disable them myself and is there a disadvantage/ danger in doing so?

a8 tech
19-10-2007, 07:49 PM
as far as i am aware you will need to code them out via vag com enter address 55 then adaption channel 16 and then change the code to 1 enabled and 0 is disabled then save it

pushkin
21-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Many thanks. I'm a newcomer here so will have to find out if its cheaper to get vag-com than getting dealer to change codes before and after trip.

a8 tech
21-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello again pushkin,i would recomend vag com but you may need full version for the adaption mentioned so i would expect you to only have to pay half hours labour at the dealer.There are meny links on this forum of who is the best supplier of the vag com leads and the moderators sell them also.Try asking eshrules about his leads and the possibility of freeware version being able to adapt tourist function.I have full version so i dont have any limltations but also the software is only as good as the operator so a bit of homework my be needed.Regards a8