PDA

View Full Version : Q5 EGT sensors

BorgRM
25-09-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm trying to fix some issues for a friend on their 2011 2.0 TDI Q5. Basically when I scanned it with VCDS I got a load of errors relating to the DPF, the main one was the differential pressure sensor which I have now replaced and the error cleared. The dpf reads 15g soot measured and 18g calculated. The remaining errors are relating to exhaust gas temperature sensors and I was reluctant to force a regeneration without them working.
Basically EGT bank 1 sensor 4 reads -100.0C, sensor 1 reads 20.0C, sensor 2 reads -0.0C and sensor 3 reads 108C at idle. Has anyone come across this before? Is it likely that all 4 sensors need replacing or is something else likely to be causing it? E.g. a Fuse etc?
Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FLAPPERJACK76
10-10-2017, 09:38 PM
I'm trying to fix some issues for a friend on their 2011 2.0 TDI Q5. Basically when I scanned it with VCDS I got a load of errors relating to the DPF, the main one was the differential pressure sensor which I have now replaced and the error cleared. The dpf reads 15g soot measured and 18g calculated. The remaining errors are relating to exhaust gas temperature sensors and I was reluctant to force a regeneration without them working.
Basically EGT bank 1 sensor 4 reads -100.0C, sensor 1 reads 20.0C, sensor 2 reads -0.0C and sensor 3 reads 108C at idle. Has anyone come across this before? Is it likely that all 4 sensors need replacing or is something else likely to be causing it? E.g. a Fuse etc?
Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkTake the readings again on a cold engine not started. They should all be fairly the same which will be about ambient temperature. Any major anomoly and that's your faulty sensor. Or you may even have 2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk