PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant Key Fob 'Chip'

Deltrotter
19-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know if you can get the small chip inside your key fob for sale through audi, I've tried but cant get through today.

I have just had remote central locking device from 'right click' fitted as advised on this forum.

However I only had one key previously and removed the small chip from old key and placed in the new one.

Do I need to buy a full new spare key or can I just get the 'chip' ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Deltrotter
24-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Well, I've now posted around 3 or 4 questions on this forum with no answer to any of them, not even a suggestion, they've been read plenty of times but not one teeny weeny reply.

Will look somewhere else now as this seems to be a dead end.

Goodbye

ini
25-10-2007, 12:41 PM
If this is for a 98 Avant, take your existing key to a good auto locksmith.

As you have the earlier 'static code' immobiliser type, they can simply 'clone' your existing key/immob capsule for around £10, allowing you to have as many keys as you like.

99% of Audi dealers will not sell you just an immob capsule/chip, and will only sell complete keys.

hagis
25-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Where are you based Del? My friend is an auto locksmith in London who is particuarly handy with Audis.

Deltrotter
30-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I only have the one key, that had a small capsule like chip inside it, the guy fitting the remote locking removed it from the standard key he placed it in the new remote key fob. He told me that the 'chip' had to be in the immobilser antenna range for the car to keep running. At one point it ame loose inside the new fob and the immobiliser kicked in.

It is now fixed in position but I still have only one key that disengages the immobiliser.

It looks as if I will need to buy a complete new key and insert the chip in the new spare fob for remote locking.

Thanks for the advice.

Dell

ini
31-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Any good auto-locksmith can replicate the little capsule for you, allowing both flip-keys to be used in the ignition.

The car will see both keys as the same key.

this costs around £10 - £20.

If you have the tiny black plastic 'emergency key', this also has a fully working transponder capsule inside it, that can be transfered to the new remote.