PDA

View Full Version : Busted or fixable?

LSDJ
19-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi. Just got meself an Passat 1.8T Sport on a V plate. Needs a few things to get her looking really good. Spent a small fortune getting her serviced and all the belts changed (independent garage-recommended).
Now I know she is running OK, I'm trying to get the Blaupunkt MultiChanger working. It wasn't plugged initially and now, when you press the CD button on the radio, it just comes up with ERROR.
Think the CD cartridge is stuck-won't open when you hit the EJECT button, just a grinding noise and nothing doing.
Warranty seal not broken so nobody appears to have tried fixing this problem before (the previous owner didn't even know the car had a CD player fitted!).
Has anyone had this problem before?
Is there a "manual release" for the CD cartridge accessible if I crack open the outer casing of the player or is it dead and buried?
I do a lot of miles so getting it working would be a right result.
Hope someone can advise?
Also, does anyone know where I can find a .PDF of the Gamma radio instruction book? One thing that wasn't with the owners manuals.
Got a few more questions but will leave em til Saturday!!!

Cheers!

Rampage
19-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Could it be it is not the original VW changer and not compatible with the head unit? Does it have a VW part no. on it?

I have the in dash unit so can't comment on the manual eject... If you take the cover off I am sure you'll remove the cart quite easily.

It maybe cheaper\easier getting another changer from Fleabay...

-Steve