PDA

View Full Version : New member and new to VW - first Passat impressions

big_swede
21-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Glad to have found this very active forum!

I'm new to Volkswagen and Passat, having been a "Volvo-guy" for (too?) many years.

Since early september I now own a 2016 Passat Alltrack (GT) DSG TDI 190. It was delivered new in October 2015 to a VW dealer as a demo for the introduction of the Alltrack here in Sweden. It had 18000 km on the clock when I took over the ownership.

It has the following equipment (sorry for poor translation, English not being my native tongue...);
1M6 Trailer tow ball retractable, electrically operated
2ZD Steering wheel leather, multifunction, heated, shift paddles, 3-spoke
3CX LUGGAGE PROTECTION NET
4F2 Keyless Access, in combination with burglar alarm
77G Navigation-data for Western Europe in internal memory
79D Lane Assist, Side Assist Plus, Emergency Assist & Traffic Jam Assist (DSG)
8A9 Trailer Assist including Park Assist and parking sensors front and rear
9S8 Active Info Display, digital central instrument (only in combination with Discover Pro)
KA6 Area View
KS2 Head-up display
PA5 AMBIENTE-LIGHTING WITH WHITE LED
PER Trunk lid, electrially operated and electrial opening of trunk privacy roll-up
PJQ Alloy wheels 18 inch Kalamata, tires 245/45 R18
PN1 Interior panels in aluminium "Wave" and center console "Piano Black"
PS6 Panorama-roof, opens- and tilts
PTV Bluetooth handsfree "Comfort", inductive external antenna (in comb with nav)
PW2 Rear seat, heated
PW9 PARKINGHEATER, REMOTE OPERATED, WITH TIMER (Webasto)
W52 Easy Park package including Towing package
W54 EXECUTIVE PACKAGE
WD4 BURGLAR ALARM
VL3 EXTENDED PEDESTRIAN PROTECTION VIA CITY EMERGENCY BRAKE
WL7 LEATHER UPHOLSTERY NAPPA
WLH LED-headlights High, with dynamic curvelights and LED daytime running lights
WQ1 Sign Assist
VW0 Tinted windows from B-pillar and backwards with acoustic rear windows
WY5 SAFE TECH PACKAGE IN COMBINATION WITH LED HIGH-HEADLIGHTS
YOW Car Net online services, validity 36 months
ZNC NAVIGATION DISCOVER PRO

As I previously mentioned, I've only had the car for a couple of weeks, but so far I'm impressed by;
- Legroom in rear seat: I'm 184 cm and If I can sit "behind" myself with ease and comfort, that defines "spacious backseat"
- Trunk capacity
- Front seats: First trip was 600 km and my 40+ body felt terrific after seven hours behind the wheel
- Gas mileage: 5,5 litres/100 km (51,4 mpg) over longer distances and 8 litres/100 km (35,3 mpg) in the city is very good in my opinion for a large estate 4 wd automatic
- All the "Assist": I'm very impressed with what technology advances has been made sine 2008 (my previous car).
- Looks: It's good looking and has "attitude". The LED headlights makes the front view look even better!
- Panorama roof: Really improves the the feeling of space, especially in the backseat

Could have been better;
- The edges on the seats (sport seats). Not optimal in everyday driving with a lot of stepping in- and out of the car
- AdBlue: Feels like an uncertainty and source of possible trouble. Hope my concerns will prove wrong
- CarNet and the apps: Feels "unfinished"
- I'm no fan of "Longlife" oils and extended service intervals. Not an area where you should save money in my opinion.

Again, glad to have found this forum, hope to be able to provide some useful input in he future.

/big_swede