PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, one week old and problems have arrived.

jimgironde
16-09-2016, 07:27 PM
So my car is 7 days old and has just 300 miles on the clock and I am having problems.

The car had 20 miles on the clock when I left the dealer last Friday but there was hesitation in 1st and 2nd on acceleration that would last for a couple of seconds, I decided to give a few days to sort it self out but it didn’t go away, it felt like the brakes were trying to hold it.

A week later it was no different so took it back to main dealer and a technician drove it with me and said yes he could feel the hesitation. Left the car with them for the afternoon and got a call from a master technician.

He said diagnostics showed no problems but the system showed that the DPF had been regenerating all week and had finished today He had tested it on the road and it was okay. I picked the car up and for a couple of miles it was okay and then the problem started again.

200 out of the 300 miles have been done at over 60 miles per hour.

No warnings have been displayed on any of the systems, I don’t know what to make of this at all?

I cannot believe that a DPF would start regeneration with 20 delivery miles on the clock and would it cause these problems, which seem to be continuing.

The master technician has asked me to run the car for another 700 miles to bring it up to 1000 miles before I bring it back if the problems continue.

I would welcome any thoughts on this. I have also posted on the B6 forum where I lurked for 9 years!

MattB247
21-09-2016, 08:51 AM
You have 30 days under consumer law in the U.K. to reject any purchase - if I were you I'd talk to them about this as by the time you get to 1000 miles you may be over the 30 days or you may have damaged your engine.

MattB247
21-09-2016, 08:52 AM
...not saying you should reject it, but put it in their minds that you know you can - it might spur them on!