PDA

View Full Version : LT35 Coolant sensor

Bugzee
19-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi I have just bought a 1986 LT35 2.4Tdi campervan and have noticed that sometimes the coolant sensor light will come on, but if I switch off and start up again the coolant indicator does not flash. Whilst all this is happenig the temperatur needle appears to rise gradully in the normal way. I have been told by the previous owner that it is a faulty sensor. IS THIS CORRECT and how/where would I get one. I beleive that it just goes into the coolant reservoir and is coonected via " wires??????. Any assistance would be useful.
I am a complete novice so please be gentle Yours in Hope Bugzee

Dave.Thornton
20-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi We bought an LT3.5 N reg camper from a dealer n Derby and it had a similar problem. The waring LED would flash, when you pulled over stopped the engine, re started it would flash for the check period and then go out. I think the senor it is wired to is the level sensor which is in the water filler cap. I suspected that an air lock gets into the system and the bubble trips te sensor, causing the light to flash.

jonnya
30-03-2009, 11:51 PM
I have a 1990 lt 35, I have traces of oil in the coolant and it covers the water sensor and causes the warning light to flash, once the sensor is cleaned and refitted light goes out. Dont know where the oil is coming from, no overheating, loss of power or water in the engine oil. What to do?