PDA

View Full Version : Car Arrived!!

jimgironde
10-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Picked up my 150GT Estate TDI yesterday and am very impressed.

First observations are as follows and are compared with my outgoing B6 Estate that I had from new which was 140TDI.

I was concerned that going onto 18inch wheels would give a harsh ride, however, my wife was impressed with the ride and she is fussy!

I am very impressed with the handling. The outgoing car never stepped out of line but I feel the B8 is exceptionally sure footed and already feels great on windy roads at speed.

Normally with a new car I sit parked for 30 mins with the handbook and have everything sussed, this will take days!

I managed to get car net up and running with no problems, but at the moment it only wants to give me information when I am parked up but not on the move.

I am not happy with the sat nav even on the larger active info display. On the B6 I had a Kenwood after fit which was far superior to the B8 system, I guess I will adapt.

A question for somebody who has worked this out. On the B6 there were 2 memories for mileage/fuel consumption. The first was basically a trip reading which cleared after 2 hours of being parked. The second memory would stay until reset by me, I would reset every time I filled the tank and in between fills it would give me consumption data.
On the B8 all the info appears to be in the large active info display, but no matter how hard I search the manuals I can only find one memory for fuel consumption and this seems to reset after the car has been parked for some time, not sure how long. So there is no way of having information of average fuel figures for the current tank of fuel that I can find.

Can anybody help me on this one?

jimgironde
11-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Just edited my previous post above. I incorrectly stated previous car was B5 when it should have said B6!

gamichea
11-09-2016, 09:27 PM
There are three consumption memories. Run through them by repeatedly pressing OK button on right side of steering wheel. Each carries a description.

jimgironde
12-09-2016, 03:10 PM
There are three consumption memories. Run through them by repeatedly pressing OK button on right side of steering wheel. Each carries a description.

gamichea, many thanks for that! I looked all through the manual and I cannot see a mention of that. I spoke with the sales team at VW dealer and they said the only consumption figure was the one shown in the centre of the rev counter and they agreed that this zeroed after a period of time. There needs to be more awareness by staff because they said that other people had commented on this, I will enjoy when I next go in by showing them!
I assume that "long term " stays for life of the car and "since last fill up" automatically resets itself by some sensor?

gamichea
12-09-2016, 09:50 PM
You're welcome. I tried what worked on my CC which had two memories, one for long term the other for trip. Long term reset automatically once the limit on one of the long term values, e.g. 9999 miles, had been reached. Trip reset after the ignition had been off for two hours or so.

Don't know what causes last fill up to reset. Maybe its by comparing gauge position at ignition off to the position when its next turned on. You could ask the dealer ;).