PDA

View Full Version : Question Front wing to bumper joint

Boy
31-08-2016, 11:01 PM
A couple of years ago I had both front wings on my 2008 B8 saloon replaced under warranty due to rust at the rear of the wings near where the wings join the cills.
At the time the bodyshop also replaced the bumper as the car was hit by a visiting vehicle to the bodyshop yard.

Now, I have noticed that some rust has started where the nearside wing joins the bumper. The old wings showed no such rust and I suspect that this new rust has developed due to poor fitting of the bumper.

Is there supposed to be anything between the wing and bumper to prevent them rubbing? I seem to recall some plastic sleeve, but am unsure, and do not wish to dismantle it in case Audi then blame me for the rust. There certainly appears to be nothing to stop the two surfaces touching, which I believe is what has happened.

I have attached a photo of the area concerned.

Gunnark100
01-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Looks like nothing there exept mounting bracket:

http://www.firstchoicebumpers.com/Product/619de7b99e57428cbea6d435684b4229/AUDI-A4-B8-FRONT-BUMPER-GENUINE-AUDI-PART-%5BW%5D

On your picture is it camera angel or your bumper is out compared to wing?

rowdy-999
01-09-2016, 12:53 PM
They do look too flush and the bumper has rubbed the paint causing damp to get in.

Boy
01-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Thanks chaps. It does look as if there is a missing part which should keep the bumper and wing separated.