PDA

View Full Version : Roof fin - whats in it ...?

sukrw
18-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi,

Got the bluetooth car adapter fitted to an A3 (2007) and has the little shark fin on the roof - factory audi fit at build.

When looking for an Audi SatNav - some of the installation procedures show this fin can be used for both bluetooth and the satnav aerial. And they show you can use a dual cable to get the information back to the dashboard.

Anyone know if factory fit audi bluetooth put a combination aerial in this shark-fin ? I am guessing (as everything on Audi is an option) that they don't, and if I want to fit a satnav system I will need to open up this fin to install a satnav aerial into it.

But if anyone has done this or knows if this is standard fit when then install the fin ...?

many thanks.

Sukrw

a8 tech
18-10-2007, 09:52 PM
1253If you wish to retro fit sat nav you will find your fin aerial (R66)already has the short coax connection for nav so you just need to run a coax /aeriall from the rnse to the short coax at R66 and all done.

sukrw
20-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Many thanks for this A8-Tech, this could be a nice easy project to retro fit the sat nav then if it is just the running of the cable and direct replacement of the headunit.

You guys are just too darn clever ! :) keep it up

Sukrw.

a8 tech
20-10-2007, 09:13 PM
yes it should as you will already have the double din socket so just a bit of messing about with the aerial.Even if the shark fin has only phone prep aerial just fit the twin aerial type as the retro fit gps wont be as good and you may find that you dont connect with all the sats(I am sure that your fin has both aerials.If you dont have the radio pins you can get them on flea bay