PDA

View Full Version : A3 ashtray removal ...?

sukrw
18-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the ashtray in an A3 (2007) ? I have the double height DIN radio so I am trying find extra "stoarage" space etc - the ashtray is of no use to me being a non-smoker. HAving the double din means there is almost no gap between the bottom of the heater controls and the ashtray.

Just wondered if it is possible to completely remove the ashtray and replace with a dish type tray for playing items on eg sunglasses or mobile etc.

Thanks.

Sukrw.

seventh-heaven
20-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the ashtray in an A3 (2007) ? I have the double height DIN radio so I am trying find extra "stoarage" space etc - the ashtray is of no use to me being a non-smoker. HAving the double din means there is almost no gap between the bottom of the heater controls and the ashtray.

Just wondered if it is possible to completely remove the ashtray and replace with a dish type tray for playing items on eg sunglasses or mobile etc.

Thanks.

Sukrw.

Yes it can be done and VAGPARTS sell the tray that you want. To fit you need to pull out the gear lever gaiter and you will begin to find the fixings. The side handle things need to come out and they are held in by 4 bolts as I recall one at the back and on vertically upwards. Torx 25 as I recall.

sukrw
20-10-2007, 08:56 PM
seventh-heaven, thanks for your reply, I looked up VagParts from your posting and they do indeed sell a replacement part.

Many thanks for this - this should do just perfectly, and thanks for the mini-guide on the removal - will give this a try ....

Sukrw