PDA

View Full Version : Few questions on MMI

Rauf786
27-08-2016, 07:21 PM
As mentioned in my previous thread I will be receiving my A6 MY17 BE within 2 weeks so I've been avidly trying to learn all I can about the vehicle in the mean time and am thoroughly enjoying reading all the threads on here.

I had a few questions regarding the MMI...

1. To enjoy the bose speakers whats the best way to get high quality music out of them? Bluetooth, AMI or memory card?

2. Will i get to see album artwork if i play songs on Spotify through bluetooth or AMI?

3. Lastly I read somewhere on this forum that you can also play videos on MMI via the AMI cable?

I have the non tech pack.

Thanks in advance!

B5NUT
27-08-2016, 09:32 PM
You need the tech pack, to play videos.

I would have said either AMI or SD for music, but could be wrong about that.

Los_Cuentos
27-08-2016, 10:09 PM
As mentioned in my previous thread I will be receiving my A6 MY17 BE within 2 weeks so I've been avidly trying to learn all I can about the vehicle in the mean time and am thoroughly enjoying reading all the threads on here.

I had a few questions regarding the MMI...

1. To enjoy the bose speakers whats the best way to get high quality music out of them? Bluetooth, AMI or memory card?

2. Will i get to see album artwork if i play songs on Spotify through bluetooth or AMI?

3. Lastly I read somewhere on this forum that you can also play videos on MMI via the AMI cable?

I have the non tech pack.

Thanks in advance!

1) the best sound quality will be over the AMI or memory card or a audio CD. Bluetooth will sometimes have som distortion.

2) you get all the info about the song if you play over spotify ( I do it and get all the info)

3) depends on what kind of MMI you have.

A6S
28-08-2016, 05:55 PM
The rmc unit can play videos through the ami.
Kufatec makes a hack for it. Not sure if this works with the facelifts though.

B5NUT
28-08-2016, 09:38 PM
The kufatec kit cost a nice £350, and there will be other hardware available to get video working on the RMC setup. However natively/without spending any extra cash it was only cars with the tech pack option fitted can play via SD card/AMI without any additional cost. A friend tried also sorts of different file types & encoding and AMI/SD and nothing worked on his pre-facelift RMC system.

A6S
29-08-2016, 12:10 AM
https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/video-in-motion/audi/video-motion-audi-rmc
It's about £100 delivered

johnsimcox
29-08-2016, 07:55 AM
The rmc unit can play videos through the ami.
Kufatec makes a hack for it. Not sure if this works with the facelifts though.

But only with the old style 30pin Apple lead, not with a lightening connector. You only need the hack to allow video in motion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rauf786
05-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I just received my brand new black edition. Loving the car so far but the MMI is very confusing as compared to BMW's Idrive.

I connected my iPhone 6s Plus via the AMI cable and while playing a song it keeps getting disconnected then reconnected? Also while using Spotify I can't seem to forward/skips songs using the car steering wheel or the buttons next to the volume control?

Please help

Thanks

Widwow
05-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Try Disabling he Bluetooth for your phone. Its common that the MMI is confused by having both connections to the same device. This may sort of your button issues also.

I remapped the skip track/next track button to my steering wheel and that helped me, with having to reach down all the time.

Rauf786
05-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Thanks a lot buddy, disabling the Bluetooth resolved the issue! However it seems like the MMI prefers using Apple Music automatically over Spotify. The MMI is unable to load full track lists on Spotify whereas it loads smoothly and automatically for Apple Music.

Los_Cuentos
05-09-2016, 01:12 PM
That's not the fault of the MMI but from Apple. Apple music is the default on the iPhone. How would you be if you got your own phone brand and music service [emoji3][emoji3]

Rauf786
05-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Damn you apple! :p
I've decided to transfer all songs onto an SD Card, works flawlessly with the artwork display.