PDA

View Full Version : Rough running

andrew.butler57
18-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Please help! I have a golf gti 8V with an AGG Engine which runs rough when hot. The problem is for some reason the CO Emission content goes excessivley rich and logs a fault in the ECU with oxygen sensor upper limit reached. Can anyone help?
:confused::zx11:

masters1977
19-10-2007, 02:17 AM
had the same prob in my mk3 gti same engine.. and same fault shown on the computer.. i bought a second hand sensor from the scrappie.cost 20 pounds..( 103 pound from main dealer) replaced the sensor and now every thing is fine. realy easy t0 replace as the lambda sits just in front of the catalyst..on the pipe. cant miss this as is the only thing screwed in looks a bit like a chunky spark plug. follow the wire to connector towards the engine unplug this unsrew the sensor..and replace.. u may need a pair of pliers to cut the tie holding the wire.. and another tie to replace this.... make sure that the sensor and exhaust sytem is cool before you attempt this save u making the same mistake i did.

andrew.butler57
19-10-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks for the reply, but i have already tried the lambda probe route and it hasn't worked! oh well!!!! thinking it could be ecu

ntatedeuce
21-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Please help! I have a golf gti 8V with an AGG Engine which runs rough when hot. The problem is for some reason the CO Emission content goes excessivley rich and logs a fault in the ECU with oxygen sensor upper limit reached. Can anyone help?
:confused::zx11:

My car jerk when it warms up. I thought it had something to do with tension leads, I replaced them. Is it probably the coil? The idling is terrible!

ntatedeuce
21-11-2007, 02:48 PM
My Golf jerks up when it hots up. I have replaced the tension leads but all in vain. Could it be the coil?:(

ntatedeuce
22-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Someone help me with my jerking car.

Dollso
22-11-2007, 02:31 PM
My Golf jerks up when it hots up. I have replaced the tension leads but all in vain. Could it be the coil?:(

you need to give more information about your car, model/year/engine code and have you tried reading the diognostics (error) codes from your car yet?

ntatedeuce
22-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I have a VW Golf III 1994. The idling is poor. When the car hots up, it jerks. Could it be a coil.....

Dollso
22-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Could be lots of things, my '95 1.8i ADZ had poor Idle and drops in power whilst driving once it heated up and it was the TPS that had gone (£80 new from GSF and 5 mins to fit).

You really need to do a fault reading and check your air/fuel system (check filter and check pipes for splits).. Check your plugs.. I could go on, but i won't...

You need to give more information like what engine your car has..

Get yourself a VAG-COM lead of eBay (Around £15, check 1st what type of connection you have) and get the VAG-COM software (free)

Then report back here, or you could get random people telling you what fixed their similar problem and in the end you might get lucky or you could spend £100's on replacing parts that didn't need replacing and still have the problem, but the more information you can give here the more people will be able to help you