PDA

View Full Version : Android Auto / Google Maps navigation vs Inbuilt Nav Pro navigation

MattB247
25-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Hi

has anybody done any kind of comparison between the inbuilt nav and the Android Auto Nav you get to use when your phone is connected via android auto? I'd be interested to see how they compare: I'm getting a little concerned about my Passat nav - last week I had to drop my Mrs off somewhere so I curiously input it into the car and it tried to route me 7.5 miles as the fastest route (which I didn't take!). When there, I hit the home button and the quickest route was about 3.7 miles.

It's nothing to do with the traffic conditions, as when I was selecting one of the 3 routes it obviously hadn't started looking at traffic reports at that time.

Another example: on my commute I get to a roundabout where I know if I turn right for about a mile I get to where I need to be. The VW Nav, though, insists on directing me straight over for just under a mile then right at that roundabout for just under a mile. It's not the road speeds as they are all 60mph roads, and I left off route learning so it's just doing what the routing algorithm tells it to do, but it quite often chooses a really illogical, incorrect route for no real reason.

My Volvo Nav never did this, I'm just not convinced the VW Nav is that good.