PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Tiguan Cam Belts - Dimensions

PortsmouthNelly
25-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Hi. I'm new to "Forum's", so please forgive me if I break any protocol - it is not intentional

I would like to ask the forum if anyone can confirm the dimensions of the Cam Belt that should be fitted to my 2008 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 170 hp 4motion (engine type CBBB)?

I recently had it serviced by a VW trained, independant mechanic who highlighted a noise coming from the "Cam Belt" area, and when he investigated it further, it appears that the VW Dealer that changed the belt at the last service interval just 18,000 miles earlier, had fitted the wrong kit.

The belt that the VW dealer had fitted was 25mm wide, but the witness marks on the cam cog were 30mm wide, as was the belt that the VW parts people, TPS, supplied my mechanic.

The VW dealer are denying they fitted the wrong one, but 4 other VW dealers have confirmed that the 30mm belt is the correct one, and fitting another kit would have caused problems! VW Customer Car don't want to know as an Independant mechanic was invloved.

Can anybody out there shed any light on this for me?

Many thanks

zollaf
25-08-2016, 01:18 PM
welcome to the forum. so it would seen the wrong belt probably was fitted. you seem to have already confirmed that yourself by speaking to 4 other dealers. armed with that information you could go to vw head office and complain. if they do nothing then you have the option of forgetting about it or going through legal proceedings, i.e. small claims court. this could be costly for you and you may not win.

turboextreme
25-08-2016, 08:59 PM
I would email Vw Customer services and then get advice from your local trading standards office.