PDA

View Full Version : Phaeton Sat Nav Update

bryanferrand
18-10-2007, 08:18 PM
I have just bought a 2006 Phaeton and have discovered that the Sat Nav does not do postcodes.
Does anyone know if it is possible to update the DVD to get postcodes or if it's not possible to have postcodes on a Phaeton.:confused:

a8 tech
18-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Try http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5296 if i remeber you can only enter 4 digits which the germans use a zip code and not the full 7 digit post code like us and if its he same as A8 then it was never altered,but the nav plus site may offer more info.Regards A8

bryanferrand
18-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go, but it is not the same system as Audi or all the other VW cars. I think its the same as Bentley and VW have told me that it does not have Postcodes on my current DVD, But cannot tell me if it is available on the latest DVD. I don't know if it is limited by the disk or the Interface.

Its probably worth me going into to VW and playing with the brand new ones on display, to see if they have any more capability than mine.

paul4pcp
31-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi there, Did you manage to find anything out about this? I have posted a new thread about upgades from cd to dvd. Incidentally I use tomtom in my wifes car and we frequently encounter problems when only using postcodes. Its very easy to find yourself on the wrong side of a dual carriageway.

eddmac
21-04-2008, 11:41 PM
I have just bought a 2006 Phaeton and have discovered that the Sat Nav does not do postcodes.
Does anyone know if it is possible to update the DVD to get postcodes or if it's not possible to have postcodes on a Phaeton.:confused:

I was fairly sure that this was a CD based system! was this changed on the 2006 model?:confused: