PDA

View Full Version : If your B8 is yet to be scheduled for build

gamichea
19-08-2016, 09:00 PM
...........there may be a delay. The BBC news website reported today that the Emden factory is on short time working due to component supply problems. Other factories building other models are similarly affected. The source was given as German news site ADR.

jimgironde
19-08-2016, 09:19 PM
My B8 left the factory 2 days ago on the 17th, hope it hasn't got any parts missing:D

gamichea
20-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Sounds like a skin of your teeth job to me! If my experience is anything to go by it should soon be with the dealer. Hope you're going to be as pleased as I am so far.

jimgironde
20-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a skin of your teeth job to me! If my experience is anything to go by it should soon be with the dealer. Hope you're going to be as pleased as I am so far.

tracking states 3 weeks from leaving factory to dealer. I have bought the 150GT Estate and cannot wait!

gamichea
20-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Tracking was stating 4 weeks when mine was built mid April. It actually took just 16 days to reach the dealer so yours might be sooner than you think, but best not until after the new plate PDI and delivery scrum is past.

jimgironde
20-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Tracking was stating 4 weeks when mine was built mid April. It actually took just 16 days to reach the dealer so yours might be sooner than you think, but best not until after the new plate PDI and delivery scrum is past.

trying to track its trip across the English channel. I don't know whether it will ship to Grimsby or Sheerness, I live in Plymouth which is 340 from Grimsby and 270 from Sheerness. The crossing to Grimsby is continual backwards and forwards from Emden, whereas the number of crossings to Sheerness are less because that crossing takes in Dublin, Northern Spain and Portugal. If I knew which port I can track the vessel on marine websites!

gamichea
21-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Mine spent five days on stage 5b "In transit - shipping". I suspect that entails quite a bit more than a boat journey. As I understand it all VWAG cars destined for the UK including those built at Emden pass through a separate final inspection facility at Emden before going for transportation. There's got to be Customs formalities, waiting on the dockside and loading time too.

That leads me to think mine came into Grimsby which is reasonable geographically. It was sourced through the Nuneaton dealership of a multi-franchise group and went to a West Midlands centralised PDI facility. It was driven over to my home a few miles west of Stamford and arrived with 60 odd miles recorded.

Your last sentence implies you know the vessel so can't you just try each port until you get a hit?

jimgironde
21-08-2016, 02:38 PM
No, I don't know the vessel! Through searching the net I discovered a link to a German website which is in English and by following instructions on another forum, it gave me a PDF file for VW vehicle logistics for the port of Ebden. So I have all the departure dates and routes to different ports i.e., Grimsby, Dublin, Sheerness etc. I would only know the vessel if I know the arrival port.

Having said all that I think it will be sooner rather than later. The reason is that when I was ordering the car in June there was an additional dealer contribution of £1000 if ordered by the 30 June. The dealer was nervous because he said the car had to be delivered by the 9th September or the dealership would lose out the £1000 but would honour it for me. So if dealers have the ability to prioritise deliveries to themselves I would imagine mine will be with the dealer by the 9th at the very latest!

si952
22-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Gutted - ordered mine 9 days ago :-(