PDA

View Full Version : rear calliper conversion

oceanwizard
18-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi all
Have not posted for a while due to being vw-less after some idiot wiped out my mint mk3 but all is well again afetr a friend donated me mk2 1.8gti (what i've always wanted). Anyway my question is this i have just m.o.t'd it and needs work on the brakes i was looking to change the rear callipers for mk4 ones, is this an easy job to do and does anyone know where i can get all the bits required for this or if there are any kits availabe
Many thanks:beerchug:

syncromatt
18-10-2007, 06:02 PM
from the syncro forum

http://www.vwsyncro.co.uk/data/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119

hope this helps:wiggle:

bora(ing) nick
18-10-2007, 06:09 PM
You need to be a member to view the link....

Nick

syncromatt
18-10-2007, 06:44 PM
try this one ???

http://www.vwsyncro.co.uk/data/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1360

if not register ????:o

oceanwizard
18-10-2007, 06:59 PM
cheers will have look

oceanwizard
18-10-2007, 07:03 PM
maybe i should have said the car aleady has rar discs its just their the bad mk2 ones so probs with handbreak etc. Read the you can just change the callipers to mk4 without changing the discs is this true?

TWVB
05-11-2007, 11:44 PM
This Is True
All You Will Need Is New Hoses
Think 98 A4 Tdi Rear Hoses Work

oceanwizard
06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Many thanks for the posts but the cost of restoring t golf got out of control so i binned it. I did however buy a 91 16v gti in oak green with loadsa extra's so am tres happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

oceanwizard
31-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi all its been a while as had no probs with my golf since i got it.
However yesterday it decided to just cut out when i came to a stop I had no idea this was going to happen as had just been driving for a hour and it was fine the whole time. Ever since then it will start and run but only if i give it a bit of throttle but it will not idle on its own I also noticed that since then i have lost the multi function computer nothing happens when i push the button just get the time on the read out cant see oil temp or mpg etc i have a horrible feeling this could be the ecu :(
any suggestions would be much appreciated
The car is a 1991 1.8 16v k-jetronic injection
I would love to get this sorted as its an almost mint oak green model and needs to driven!!!!!!!!!!:1zhelp: