PDA

View Full Version : Question Driving in France - LED lights: Driving on the right

Rower1978
09-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Hi chaps, I have a FL 2015 Avant BE. Off to France soon and I noticed in the MMI there is an option to set the lights for driving on the right hand side of the road but it's currently 'greyed out'. Does anyone know if this option come live when I land on French soil - i.e does the Sat Nav recognise I'm in Europe and allows the option to be selected?Cheers.

robes401
09-08-2016, 11:26 PM
I think it's greyed out unless you are stationary, maybe engine not running. I remember mine being greyed out sometimes, but changed it on the ferry with no problem.

robbyg
21-08-2016, 11:22 AM
you have to do it manually and when stationary. it then stays in france mode and warns you each time you switch on, until you change it back. I would rather keep control than rely on the sat nav to swap it for me.

pacamack
22-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hijack but is it also possible to change the digital speedo to read in kmh rather than mph?
I used to be able to do that in my Merc and it was a lot easier than trying to read the small scale on the analogue speedo.

GrolschUK
22-08-2016, 04:51 PM
I can't think exactly where without looking, but there a load of unit settings in the MMI Setup menus.

AT.
22-08-2016, 05:20 PM
I used to be able to do that in my Merc and it was a lot easier than trying to read the small scale on the analogue speedo.

If I remember well, than It's an easy to do thing. Press "CAR", then select the "SETUP MMI" with the central top right button, and you will find the KM/MPH selection there. Change it, and all the data will be shown in KM/h on the DIS.

NOTE: All the measured information (fe fuel consumption) will be shown in l/km until you will change the measurement unit back to mph.