PDA

View Full Version : Dead A4 3.0 tdi quattro, Injector, Fuel Pump or something else ?

barnesy1977
02-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Hi there,

I wonder if somebody could help with an issue on my A4 that happened today. I'd been driving high speed with a full load for some hours. After stopping at the services for 15 mins and setting off again, the glowplugs light starting flashing, and the car lost power. I could just about maintain the 50mph I was doing, but it would not accelerate, and a slight hill meant my speed even started to reduce. After a couple of miles I pulled onto the hard-shoulder. The car wouldn't restart. I called the RAC and eventually had to got towed home, The fault codes that came up are as follows:

RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC & INFORMATION
Name: CCWA - TDI-CR - 3.0L - 176 (239)
DTC: P008700,Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low
DTC: P106500,Fuel pressure regulator; regulation difference
DTC: P068A00,ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance - Too Early.
DTC: 0048E4,unknown

From reading up, it seems like it is either a blown injector, a faulty fuel pump, or bad fuel.

The fuel level is a quarter full, and the car hadn't missed a beat for the 3/4 of the tank it had used, so I don't think it's bad fuel.

I'm reluctant to take it to Audi - not to mention the problem I have getting it there only to then take it somewhere else for any work to be done, so I'm hoping someone could shed some light.

Thanks alot in advance.
David

rowdy-999
03-08-2016, 07:14 AM
I would check the fuel pump drive belt, although limp mode for some time suggests maybe something else. Clogged EGR?

Alan02
03-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Possibly a fuel rail pressure issue, thats my first guess. Pump can be fine but if the rail pressure isnt correct it aint gonna go.
From experience on M Benz, you could bet them to run by unplugging the rail sensor and it defaulted to set parameters and started. Worth a go.