PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Avant (2002) front wheel noise

linuxmad
13-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I bought a used 2002 audi a4 avant (90.000km). I have a strange problem coming from the drivers front wheel. It is making a strange noise a tlim.tlim..tlim like if something is loose. When i press the brake pedal it doesn't stop, so I guess it has nothing to do with the brake disks or brake pads. The noise only appears when driving on streets with sidewalk (made with stone cubes) that causes vibration. When driving through highway or similar good streets where there is no vibration I can't hear anything.
What could be the problem?
Thanks anyone..
José

carlosk
08-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi
I bought a 2000 GOLF 1.6 (150k kms) and I'm experiencing the same problem, that noise you describe on the passenger front wheel. It usually happens when I'm accelerating/turning and will go away when driving at constant speed

Were you able to identify the cause of your problem ?
Thanks

omegadirective
08-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Just a guess but it might be a wheel bearing. You'd hear it more when there is something on the road to echo the noise back to you.

G00DSPEED
24-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Did you ever get this problem sorted I would be interested to know if it was the wheel bearing

G00DSPEED
24-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Is this from experience of the same problem

danclyon
24-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Just a guess but it might be a wheel bearing. You'd hear it more when there is something on the road to echo the noise back to you.

From the accelerating/turning I'd err more towards the CV joint which would make a noise under those conditions...(only know as I've just debugged my old car whose CV joint went a year after it went to a family member).

Cheers,
Dan.