PDA

View Full Version : Retro fit cruise control...

bluetba
18-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Has anyone any idea if it's possible to retro fit cruise control??? I have an TDI S that doesn't!
Cheers

Helicopter
18-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi, I have had this added by my local VW dealer at a cost of £325 fitted. :D

Mine is a Tdi 140 Sport and the work was very straightforward. At the same time I had the iPOD connector added as well as reverse parking sensors.

All work perfectly.:approve:

This is my first Passat but the cruise control system is identical to that on my previous Audi.

bora(ing) nick
18-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Use the esaerch option....

I've read that it can be installed DIY style, and i'm pretty sure there's a "how to" thread on here somewhere.

It is possible if you have a drive by wire (electrical) accelerator pedal, but i think it needs to be enabled using vag-com.

Nick

carl s
18-10-2007, 02:58 PM
When I bought the car it was a dealer fit option to my 2.0 FSI sport estate, cost me £150 which was listed in the accessories brochure at the dealer.

Try Windrush Slough, they were the ones that fitted it.

bluetba
22-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Well I popped down to the local dealer, and have been advised it's about 3 hours labor because of the place the have to fit the control unit, and a mechanic down there said he had done two and they had both been very unreliable.

I have decided to forget this idea!!

Thanks for the information though

carl s
23-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Well I popped down to the local dealer, and have been advised it's about 3 hours labor because of the place the have to fit the control unit, and a mechanic down there said he had done two and they had both been very unreliable.

You might want to try a different dealer, perhaps one more experienced with this. Mine was done during the vehicle prep/PDI and touch wood had no problems with it

bluetba
23-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Thats interesting, any idea how much? and which dealer was it? I do lots of traveling so distance isn't so much of a problem!

carl s
24-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Thats interesting, any idea how much? and which dealer was it? I do lots of traveling so distance isn't so much of a problem!

Try Windrush Slough Service 01753 670240

Flash2
29-10-2007, 08:16 PM

Don't know why the retrofit CCS should be unreliable. It's the exact same system as that fitted at the factory. All you do is change the stalk switches and the lower steering cowling. There is no control unit. You do need to run a wire from the steering electronics ECU to the engine ECU which is located under the scuttle trim next to the wiper motor. The hardest part of the job is removing the bracket that secures the engine ECU multiplug because the bracket is secured by shear bolts that need to be drilled off. You then need to change the coding of the steering electronics ECU to tell it there is now a cruise control switch fitted and then activate the CCS in the engine electronics.

It's an easy enough job to do, but you will need vagcom to get it working. If your buying the kit to fit yourself, remember to order a new lower steering cowling and replacement shear bolts that don't come with the CCS kit.

Regards - Jim.