PDA

View Full Version : Front grille parts

chrishamer
01-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Hey all,

Due to some unfortunate events, I now have a front bumper in need of repairs.

Specifically, I need the inserts for the central part of the bumper that are fitted just inside at the bottom. I've attached a crappy image to give you an idea of what I need.

I'm hoping, that all the attachments inside the bumper itself aren't broken and it's just the insert I need.

I've looked online but just haven't had much finding out what the part number is. People selling bumpers don't seem to include the insert so I'm at a bit of a loss.

It's a 2012 B8.5 A4 in SE spec.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Eshrules
01-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Have you approached your local main dealer parts department?

chrishamer
01-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Heya, not yet, to be honest I was hoping someone could point me towards what it is so I can ask them.

At this point lower part of the front bumper insert probably won't make a huge amount of sense to them so I was hoping that with a name or part number they can let me know.

If no one knows that's fine, I'll just try and go round next weekend.

Chris

Eshrules
01-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Heya, not yet, to be honest I was hoping someone could point me towards what it is so I can ask them.

At this point lower part of the front bumper insert probably won't make a huge amount of sense to them so I was hoping that with a name or part number they can let me know.

If no one knows that's fine, I'll just try and go round next weekend.

Chris

You'd be surprised, they have access to the parts catalogue and will often work with you and their exploded diagram to identify the part.

If you're friendly enough, they'll usually quote you a price with the part number quoted so you can compare to online pricing.

chrishamer
01-08-2016, 01:20 PM
You'd be surprised, they have access to the parts catalogue and will often work with you and their exploded diagram to identify the part.

If you're friendly enough, they'll usually quote you a price with the part number quoted so you can compare to online pricing.

You were spot on. They're ordering it in for a very reasonable £29 - seemed more than fair enough.

Thanks for your help!