PDA

View Full Version : Audi accessories

Papereyes
28-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Any view on Audi accessories only thing I'm considering at the moment are mudflaps and loading sill protective sheet.

Anyone had the protective sheet installed and decided if its worth it?

srbsq7
28-07-2016, 03:30 PM
I got the luggage net and pleased with it.

Also replaced the standard door lights with the Audi rings as they weren't in keeping with disco ambient lighting!

satyp
28-07-2016, 04:38 PM
I asked for 4 rubber winter mats to be chucked in.. Although in retrospect I hesitated and should have also asked for the netting as I can hear 👂 some stuff nicely sliding in the boot when single items.. I though I was asking for too much with the mats at the time.. Actually they weren't that much..

Also bought a few additional bits because I wanted back rest protection because ok “kicking” kids [emoji1]

Got a multifunction Audi torch, USB lamb and a gecko scent for the hell of it..

Was toying with the door light rings but at 80 pounds a pop [emoji47]..left em..

@SRB
& What's disco ambient lighting?..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

srbsq7
28-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Individual ambient lighting turned up to max brightness and rapidly spinning the mmi controller through the 30 colours [emoji41]

Phutters
28-07-2016, 05:11 PM
...USB lamb and a gecko scent for the hell of it..Is that a full-sized lamb? Like with wool and tiny hooves and everything?

And I apologise for asking this, but they say the only truly stupid question is the one you never ask...

What does a gecko smell like? Like a very very small crocodile that can walk on the ceiling, or something completely unexpected, like Castrol R?

satyp
28-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Is that a full-sized lamb? Like with wool and tiny hooves and everything?

And I apologise for asking this, but they say the only truly stupid question is the one you never ask...

What does a gecko smell like? Like a very very small crocodile that can walk on the ceiling, or something completely unexpected, like Castrol R?

Ha haa lol, curiosity must be killing the cat...

Audi Gecko (yellow) I believe she chose, not sure cause it`s still in the bag.. [emoji47]

“Lamb” (aka waste of space Audi LED Lamp) unfortunately not full size.. [emoji6] about a foot and half long I'd imagine..

maxw
28-07-2016, 05:59 PM

Also replaced the standard door lights with the Audi rings as they weren't in keeping with disco ambient lighting!

did you get the genuine Audi rings lights or aftermarket ones and fit your self if latter what ones did you get'?

srbsq7
28-07-2016, 06:20 PM
did you get the genuine Audi rings lights or aftermarket ones and fit your self if latter what ones did you get'?

I got the genuine ones from Audi parts direct - £154 for 2 pairs Inc delivery. They are very bright to the point they work during the day.

I replaced them myself after seeing some pics on Audi world. Just need a small fine flathead screwdriver to unclip the old lights and release the connecting cable. Took no more than 20 minutes to do all 4 doors.

The ones to get are "Audi LED Entry Area Light Kit 'Four Rings' Logo with Narrow Plug (4G0052133A)"

Kids love them!

satyp
28-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Genuine ones are sharp, pronounced and clear after market appear fatter and blurred.. Hopefully in time, if price ever drops

srbsq7
28-07-2016, 09:00 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160728/64a48f1b6a9eb982de689550c4ccd567.jpg

pitch3110
28-07-2016, 11:56 PM
I should have sorted a bumper cill protector as mine is mullered pulling the camping kit in and out.

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks pitch, thinking apart from that and mudflaps that would be the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 04:21 AM

Is there much capacity with the luggage net, looks like it's adjustable via the rails. Could you use it to hold weekly shopping in place?

srbsq7
29-07-2016, 06:28 AM
Is there much capacity with the luggage net, looks like it's adjustable via the rails. Could you use it to hold weekly shopping in place?

I reckon you could get a fair bit under there. I don't have the full rail system, just the 4 points to hook it onto in each corner.

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Could u post a picture when u get the chance? Interesting where the hooks are. assume by the trunk and just past third row?

Big_D_80
29-07-2016, 07:48 AM
I have the plastic boot floor protector. Not the shell version just the flexible base and I'd say it's pretty essential to not scuffing up the back of the third row seats.

srbsq7
29-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Could u post a picture when u get the chance? Interesting where the hooks are. assume by the trunk and just past third row?

These are the hooks which come as standard. Only works with the seats folded.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/61ab1a2d599ca3f4a58a0cc4d9095bda.jpg

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 08:52 AM
I have the plastic boot floor protector. Not the shell version just the flexible base and I'd say it's pretty essential to not scuffing up the back of the third row seats.

Agreed.

Luggage net is pretty good to Stretch over the 4 hook points.

You can alway retrofit the luggage load system... That's technicslly an accessory!

satyp
29-07-2016, 09:09 AM
I should've kept the luggage from the last car as came free...:-0

Lights currently selling for GBP148

Via
Audi LED Entry Area Light Kit 'Four Rings' Logo with Narrow Plug - 4G0052133A (http://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/Audi_LED_Entry_Area_Light_Kit_'Four_Rings'_Logo_4G 0052133A)

elrao
29-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Can people please post photos with their posts :)

Interested in anything that protects the car from 2 (soon to be 3) small kiddos!

srbsq7
29-07-2016, 09:13 AM
That's where I've bought all my accessories. £6 pp on top so worth getting a few bits

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't have any pics to share I'm afraid!

The Audi ring lights are yeah about 80 quid a pair which is pretty pricy. You can also get them as a quattro 'word' instead of the Audi rings..

If you look on eBay you can get 3rd party ones with different designs too

Chris Jerman
29-07-2016, 09:23 AM
I got the cheap ebay puddle lights with audi rings and audi written in red £35 for one pair , they looked good to start but after about twelve months they started to have a green background and the image got more and more faded, I took one out to see if water had ingressed but it just fell apart in my hand so I went and got a genuine pair for the front £70 with two years warranty so at least if they go rubbish in twelve months they can be replaced . However on getting them the difference was clear to see , much stronger build and heavier with alloy cooling fins . the image too is smaller but way sharper and even visible during the day if not sunny . Can see it will only be a matter of time before I fork out to replace the cheapo rear pair too

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 09:24 AM
I got the cheap ebay puddle lights with audi rings and audi written in red £35 for one pair , they looked good to start but after about twelve months they started to have a green background and the image got more and more faded, I took one out to see if water had ingressed but it just fell apart in my hand so I went and got a genuine pair for the front £70 with two years warranty so at least if they go rubbish in twelve months they can be replaced . However on getting them the difference was clear to see , much stronger build and heavier with alloy cooling fins . the image too is smaller but way sharper and even visible during the day if not sunny . Can see it will only be a matter of time before I fork out to replace the cheapo rear pair too
Interesting... Many thanks for sharing..

elrao
29-07-2016, 09:27 AM
You can alway retrofit the luggage load system... That's technicslly an accessory!
I was thinking the other day I should have added this, good to know it can be retrofitted

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 09:27 AM

I've seen the flexible shell was wondering if you can have that with the luggage net, looking at the pics on Audi configurator looks like only the front two books are exposed and the last two near the third row are covered, although there seems to be an output where I pointed the mouse (not sure if this is exposed or requires a cut through).

Can anyone confirm?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/b623d9ae7178a89163109ed54da7f057.jpg

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 09:28 AM
I was thinking the other day I should have added this, good to know it can be retrofitted
Yep.. I need to check on costs but it's do able with a couple of hours work.

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 10:01 AM
I've seen the flexible shell was wondering if you can have that with the luggage net, looking at the pics on Audi configurator looks like only the front two books are exposed and the last two near the third row are covered, although there seems to be an output where I pointed the mouse (not sure if this is exposed or requires a cut through).

Can anyone confirm?

I have that flexible boot liner. It covers the 2 rear hooks and would also cover the luggage load kit if you have that installed. You could cut the liner I suppose where the 2 rear hooks are.

elrao
29-07-2016, 10:03 AM
The flexible liner doesn't look very flexible.

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 10:04 AM
It is. It rolls up nicely into a tube... Or if you put the 3rd row up it can fold over so you don't need to remove it from the boot.

elrao
29-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Can anyone confirm?

Which office are you in, Great Winchester Street?

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Which office are you in, Great Winchester Street?

That's scary dude u got me by my machine name. Appold street.

elrao
29-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Was in 20FC for 3+ years, now working elsewhere though

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 10:39 AM
I might know u been in 20fc for 9 years I was on the fifth?

Big_D_80
29-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Yes there 2 areas at the back of the cover with specific scissor icons imprinted where you can cut it to expose a window to the rear hooks.

elrao
29-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Was on 2nd for 3 ish years, left 2 years ago. Knew a lot on 3 and 4, but not so many on 5

andyhud007
29-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Yes there 2 areas at the back of the cover with specific scissor icons imprinted where you can cut it to expose a window to the rear hooks.

Thats a 4M Find! :)

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Thanks Big D exactly what I thought will add to the dealer list. If I can wangle the same discount from my dealer would be people be interested in parts?

maxw
29-07-2016, 01:27 PM
I should have sorted a bumper cill protector as mine is mullered pulling the camping kit in and out.

Will this help you at all?

rear bumper Crome sill protector

also very discrete when boot is closed

REAR BUMPER SILL PROTECTOR TRIM COVER STEEL for Audi Q7 2015+ | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-BUMPER-SILL-PROTECTOR-TRIM-COVER-STEEL-for-Audi-Q7-2015-/252329971126?fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3AQ7&hash=item3ac009cdb6:g:-zYAAOSwoudW8q0h)

''better photos

bumper protection made of stainless steel for Audi Q7 II 2 (4M) Year 07/2015 | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bumper-protection-made-of-stainless-steel-for-Audi-Q7-II-2-4M-Year-07-2015-/111879465499?hash=item1a0c892a1b:g:CC8AAOSwv-NWZYwv)

M

satyp
29-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Have this currently installed if it solves any issues

Via

RBP862 - Q7 6.2015> (http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP862&sid=5um3k0ox116ws0w0tz19017960la5i55)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/d5524825addd37f2bf462a8fd62bd365.jpg

Chris Jerman
29-07-2016, 06:53 PM
I have the load liner posted above , yes there are little bits you can cut out to expose the lashing points , you will also need to cut a big chunk out for the boot to latch on because although the liner is molded to fit the exact boot shape you need to have the 2nd row of seats slid forward a bit for it to fit , otherwise it sits about an inch to far back and stops the boot from closing , very poor really given the cost of it , the reason I bought genuine at twice the aftermarket cost was I thought to avoid such issues ! Even with an extra inch cut out it is still easy for it to slip backwards when packing the boot , so annoying, you press the boot close and jump in the car only to have to jump out again and try and slide the liner up tight to back seats with boot loaded . Now the kids rugby season is over it's chucked in the garage as it's too much of a PIA . Child number four on the way so I guess it will be staying in the garage .

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Thanks Chris, really insightful, wondering if others have same problem or if urs was part of a defective batch?

Chris Jerman
29-07-2016, 10:02 PM
That would be good to know ,can take mine back if so , I have told them about it but they hadn't sold any others at the time

Nemo78
29-07-2016, 10:36 PM
I have the load liner posted above , yes there are little bits you can cut out to expose the lashing points , you will also need to cut a big chunk out for the boot to latch on because although the liner is molded to fit the exact boot shape you need to have the 2nd row of seats slid forward a bit for it to fit , otherwise it sits about an inch to far back and stops the boot from closing , very poor really given the cost of it , the reason I bought genuine at twice the aftermarket cost was I thought to avoid such issues ! Even with an extra inch cut out it is still easy for it to slip backwards when packing the boot , so annoying, you press the boot close and jump in the car only to have to jump out again and try and slide the liner up tight to back seats with boot loaded . Now the kids rugby season is over it's chucked in the garage as it's too much of a PIA . Child number four on the way so I guess it will be staying in the garage .

I've had many an issue with my boot and has never been due to the liner...car one just had a dodgy boot even with parts replaced.

Same liner from car one in to car two and no issues at all even when the liner is covering part of the catch system.

I think Andy put something about rolling it up...Never actually tried to but worth knowing however still need to ditch the boot cover somewhere. Really wish they'd designed a space for it when not in use

JMB7
29-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Same problem with my liner, second row seats as far forward as we can to fit all the kiddy seats and still have driver and passenger legroom and it just fits, but it's forever sliding back and blocking the boot latch. Im in the habit of shoving the damn thing forward every time I open and close the boot now.
Collects the dirt from the prams well though.

Nemo78
29-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Same problem with my liner, second row seats as far forward as we can to fit all the kiddy seats and still have driver and passenger legroom and it just fits, but it's forever sliding back and blocking the boot latch. Im in the habit of shoving the damn thing forward every time I open and close the boot now.
Collects the dirt from the prams well though.

I wonder if we could Velcro the thing down to stop it moving...

srbsq7
29-07-2016, 11:03 PM
That's the thought I had. I've recently used sticky backed Velcro pads to attach the sky Q mini boxes to the back of wall mounted TVs .

Problem I've had is they lose the stickiness when they get hot and I reckon this would rule them out for car use.

Papereyes
29-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Command Velcro strips might be a good bet. Had them in my car for dash cams and survived all through the hot summer (albeit five days)

satyp
30-07-2016, 08:55 AM
That's the thought I had. I've recently used sticky backed Velcro pads to attach the sky Q mini boxes to the back of wall mounted TVs .

Problem I've had is they lose the stickiness when they get hot and I reckon this would rule them out for car use.
found 3M picture command strips are best come heat too. Had to resort to the same after changing velcro strips a number of times. It looks close to velcro not sure if it is tho..

Also used some for Christmas wreath on the front door few years back and the strip stayed there until recently.

(can't remember what I used to pry out as quite sure not heat gun or anything)

Just read papereyes post to ..so I guess it does work somehow

satyp
30-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Agree with nemo.. Again Audi could easily design a space to slot the boot covers for all their cars like certain other high end manufacturers but I don't think it in their interest to.. even the last 8 years owning Audi`s, it`s only until this Q7 that it is actually lighter than previous ones ☝.

For this reason the 1st I've done on the last car and this one is yank them out and stick `em in the loft or something. It quite ridiculous esp as can use 7 seats with that thing still in the car..

srbsq7
30-07-2016, 03:34 PM
I can fit it in. Not flush but I only need 7 seats occasionally and still a fair bit of boot space

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160730/83070c4e9f1171c254287c90cdd5c24d.jpg

srbsq7
30-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Get shopping delivered but here's a couple of buckets under the net to show how much it does stretch

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160730/82ec754b8ff481a40ebbc305c5712985.jpg

Papereyes
30-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the pictures luggage load net ticked. Just a case of the mat and hearing about the feedback maybe worth the third party option Andy posted earlier

andyhud007
01-08-2016, 04:01 PM
There is a set on eBay for about £160 from Germany.

andyhud007
01-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Russian Site with 3rd Foot Pedal rest..

Link (http://audi-service.ru/Q7_NF_11?product_id=1914)

maxw
01-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Andy

ive been this route with Audi and as it stands left hand drive cars come with alloy peddles and alloy foot rest as stranded s-line

but no alloy foot rest will fit right hand drive some thing to do with left hand drive is fitted over the wheel arch right hand drive has less room not sure why and no reason why they can't make a smaller one

am waiting to see if the SQ7 comes with a alloy foot rest on right hand drive cars

the uk spec was listed that s-line came with alloy foot rest so got on to Audi uk and they quoted the above since then they said they would amend the s-line spec

M

satyp
01-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the pictures luggage load net ticked. Just a case of the mat and hearing about the feedback maybe worth the third party option Andy posted earlier

Have installed those today partly.. a couple of niggles which I expected but generally I think the finish is 75-85% good considering not Audi Accessories

Will post in the next few days

Some items came delivered rolled do need to straighten them off

satyp
01-08-2016, 10:03 PM
3rd Row middle row are best for me.. back matting is a little trickier to install. I rushed the install today as was NOT really up for it but was a bit apprehensive as didn't know what to expect from items from ALI EXPRESS as posted via Andy originally..

Now he's got us all thinking of wind deflectors and 3rd party AV 😂 busy man..

andyhud007
02-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Andy

ive been this route with Audi and as it stands left hand drive cars come with alloy peddles and alloy foot rest as stranded s-line

but no alloy foot rest will fit right hand drive some thing to do with left hand drive is fitted over the wheel arch right hand drive has less room not sure why and no reason why they can't make a smaller one

am waiting to see if the SQ7 comes with a alloy foot rest on right hand drive cars

the uk spec was listed that s-line came with alloy foot rest so got on to Audi uk and they quoted the above since then they said they would amend the s-line spec

M

Interesting, thanks Max.. false advertising again then?

That pic above is a 3rd party alloy foot rest plate... so it implies they could make one for RHD cars.. or someone could...

Wait to see what Gyro's SQ7 looks like!

maxw
02-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Yes it was false ad and Audi uk had egg on there face

on the uk right hand drive I have a funny feeling there is a fuse box under the foot rest plate is this right andy?

the Q7 booklet is done showing photo of a right hand drive car so must be some reason why they didn't fit a alloy footrest on right hand drive models

hence why I'm looking forward to see what they do regarding the SQ7

M

srbsq7
02-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Just ordered one of these to give some boot and bumper protection:

Trunk mat and bumper protection of achilles also be used as a dog car-cover, boot cover, dog blanket or allround boot protector, black / black:Amazon.co.uk:Car & Motorbike (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006SHO37K/ref=ya_st_dp_summary)

Probably not suitable for real outdoors types, but for me (fairweather southerner), it might be a good compromise.

Nemo78
02-08-2016, 08:03 PM
The actual main optional spec bootliner you can roll out the end to protect bumper...

(However I spec'd it and haven't ever used it as I needed the other one in the thread as that's better for pushchair dirt and mud)

satyp
03-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Just ordered one of these to give some boot and bumper protection:

Trunk mat and bumper protection of achilles also be used as a dog car-cover, boot cover, dog blanket or allround boot protector, black / black:Amazon.co.uk:Car & Motorbike (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006SHO37K/ref=ya_st_dp_summary)

Probably not suitable for real outdoors types, but for me (fairweather southerner), it might be a good compromise.
Does it just Velcro on and off across the who boot I take it. .

srbsq7
03-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Does it just Velcro on and off across the who boot I take it. .

Arrives today so will take some pics

satyp
03-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Arrives today so will take some pics
Awesome cool.

Went to parts to return LED Lamp (lamb :-0) as was not really usefull not with all the lights across the car..

The boy spotted a R8 toy and wouldn't let up on having it (super excitement or what).. Anyhow parts guy felt sorry I guess and stuck 10% off

& Somehow ended up getting these as well after seeing how bright yours were in your picture..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/4f8fed09fac4f117af17343b01734231.jpg

Do have the Audi World link you mentioned somewhere to change 'em SRB? Will a very then metal screw driver suffice or reckon I need VA plastic pry tool to avoid scratching etc..

Thanks

Also probably post for Running Board Thread.. but anyhow was speaking to him and he said normally if a part can't be ordered for a particular VIN it will be greyed out, it did however let him select the running boards on my VIN even with. AWS.. just came with additional notes at the bottom (didn't read it properly) on how it cannot) should not? be fit 0NS option (AWS I think)but wasn't greyed out for whatever reason.

Audi apparently let you order it for anything that hit their system after 6/01/16 ..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/ab904a06768cdf24ad934a925f4bf0d2.jpg

satyp
03-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Anyone keen on these.. Found them earlier

Includes cables for Droid/older Apple device USB female

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/94d1e45efa7e821e81b92d477ad0bb62.jpg

As I think the port has been replaced by the ubiquitous USB port on the 4M

Willing to drop off if close to Maidenhead area's or can collect whatever works..

Will probably end stick them on eBay at some point otherwise for peanuts.. :-0

srbsq7
03-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Hi Satyp

Here is the link:

Can you add the Audi beam later? - AudiWorld Forums (http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/can-you-add-audi-beam-later-2901854/)

Post 57 has example of Audi rings vs cheaper eBay ones.

Post 73 has pic of old LED being removed.

Here is a pic of the fine screwdriver I used next to a 5p coin.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/1d8e39f2a2c3d051bde82d9301f495b1.jpg

Really easy to do once you have the right sized tool. On my car, the cable on the drivers door was much shorter and didn't dangle down as per the picture on Audiworld. Just had to keep hold of it when I unclipped the old led so it didn't disappear into the door!

maxw
03-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Unless I'm proved wrong I can't imagine a U.K. Audi parts guy doing deals like that on here would be good mind

as for the genuine ones against the non genuine ones what a difference

srbsq7
03-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Here's pics of the boot protector. Not great for the money. Velcro doesn't stick to the boot lining but with the net it works. Does what I need but would be okay at £10 not £25.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/2daa4e08d0817cfbe8a2f94ab0cb403d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/7dbf975d9b6444ca2d5f87ce9cdda44c.jpg

satyp
03-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Agree with regards to value ... Same thing happened after rushed impromptu ALI EXPRESS purchase.. :-0

Papereyes
03-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Agree with regards to value ... Same thing happened after rushed impromptu ALI EXPRESS purchase.. :-0

You got pics of your install? Would like to see what's it's like

satyp
04-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Hi Satyp

Here is the link:

Can you add the Audi beam later? - AudiWorld Forums (http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/can-you-add-audi-beam-later-2901854/)

Post 57 has example of Audi rings vs cheaper eBay ones.

Post 73 has pic of old LED being removed.

Here is a pic of the fine screwdriver I used next to a 5p coin.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/1d8e39f2a2c3d051bde82d9301f495b1.jpg

Really easy to do once you have the right sized tool. On my car, the cable on the drivers door was much shorter and didn't dangle down as per the picture on Audiworld. Just had to keep hold of it when I unclipped the old led so it didn't disappear into the door!
Thanks for this SRB.. it helped.. wrong time to have bought and done them (school hols) as the naughty boy has stuffed the flat head I was using.. hopefully not between the seats :-0

Other than that it was quite easy like said.. just need to find out why :-

1. I had put the one the lights the wrong way around " quattro" letters were backwards.. when I took it out after a minute or so it was really hot!!!! I guess it explains the venting find on them, will need to check again @somepoint

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/d8f8b616b9afebc75132f25f3da6d6a7.jpg

2. the left hand side quattro light appears to smaller.. will need to measure and check..

satyp
04-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Unless I'm proved wrong I can't imagine a U.K. Audi parts guy doing deals like that on here would be good mind

as for the genuine ones against the non genuine ones what a difference
I think you may be correct.. said one thing and done another.. hard to check with prices without VAT doesn't look like he applied on the toy either... I didn't even check with the kid about.. :-0

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/7847c220a0340ba571f4feff340b7765.jpg

satyp
04-08-2016, 12:13 AM
You got pics of your install? Would like to see what's it's like

Def will...

Have half installed 'em...[emoji1] will finish the full boot and take when the little "rugrat", boy is NOT about..

He likes to get involved but is still lacking attention and patience. :-0 @ the Mo..

maxw
04-08-2016, 01:24 AM
I think you may be correct.. said one thing and done another.. hard to check with prices without VAT doesn't look like he applied on the toy either... I didn't even check with the kid about.. :-0

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160803/7847c220a0340ba571f4feff340b7765.jpg

bargin Sat

can you get any more with huge discount? Lol

your glad you went now and got your son the car?

JMB7
04-08-2016, 06:58 AM
The quattro lights are labelled left and right. But for some reason the ones I have I had to put the right labelled one on the left and vice versa otherwise the lighting on the floor looked backwards.
They were both the same size though.

Nemo78
04-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Look at you all lighting up your cars...I'm tempted to get them.

I can't work out on the invoice but I usually get 10% discount via parts...winter tyres discount was phenomenal basically was being sold them at £1 on top of cost price!

Anyway this is my latest Audi Accessory

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/7e7978dc48f6363a7929f5567ea0633b.jpg

satyp
04-08-2016, 08:03 AM
I can't seem to workout the discount..

I think the boy got something similar in all black... Can't check it as all wrapped as birthday gift with his mum..

satyp
04-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Not sure why the driver side cable is so tight somehow got there in the end.. the wires must be pre-done & fitted for them to be short on 2 cars .. can't be coincidence..

Anyhow the ended looking like this in dark and daylight some left appears a little duller than right or could be just me..

Anyways spending too much on this car.. it's got to stop ...! ;-0

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/747e4dab6b990b117f18be92d8aaae30.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/ca3b938db671beede336bc93f00a4c00.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/cac13cc5e1c112fc89bc932282f15b59.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/411c920c3f6d808af4275e9194591cee.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/1c7623b4b5c2ae9fcdc877d3848039c5.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/74c924de8dab9631f105dacb7b59a639.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/9487d7febbac741d725bb26262554e86.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/1d1a31fe250acecf2948ee9d8816d971.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/b1e4eea77908c867b2f7ade76f546d50.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/fec92d00632b43d4dc8149ef0f752f3c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/cadcb206b8f45134aa7dd7b02af85569.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/29aca7ebf17fc9cae5a277a0284b2958.jpg

dghdgh
04-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Where did you get the exercise mats with the Audi logo on from. lol

srbsq7
04-08-2016, 11:44 AM
I think you're right about the drivers door Satyp. I guess there's a fair bit more going on in the drivers door which might make the cable run a bit longer. Great end result though!

maxw
04-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Looks great and some thing that I've always thought about but didn't think they would be that good and so clear and bright and be seen in the daytime also I'd talk me self out of it but want now lol damm you guys lol

the great thing about fitting things your self rather than factory fit is

if or when you sell the car specially if your car in on PCP when the time come you can remove and refit to the next car or sell them

with factory fit you pay the extra and don't get the old item that was replaced

same if you have the rear lights cluster fitted with black tinted lens am guessing you don't get the stranded unit back

so a big plus to fit your self

LOVING THE AUDI TOY CAR BY THE WAY ��
��

can anyone answer this?
i see or heard or read some where that when buying new tyres some people ar having winter tyres fitted and using them for winter and summer not sure what winter tyres are like in the summer and if they wear the same but the reason people are using winter tyres as they say that there cheaper than summer tyres any one know anything about this?

satyp
04-08-2016, 02:49 PM
No much of summer here.. All weather tyres?.. not sure how much even if available for the Q7.. did look at keeping separate winter summer tyres but came to. Conclusion that the car would need to doing quite a high mileage ..so will just stick winter for most roads here..

Nemo78
04-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Max my BIL had winters on his BMW for a solid 2 years...no issues at all (no winter either to be fair)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thakey17
04-08-2016, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=maxw;1024114]Looks great and some thing that I've always thought about but didn't think they would be that good and so clear and bright and be seen in the daytime also I'd talk me self out of it but want now lol damm you guys lol

the great thing about fitting things your self rather than factory fit is

if or when you sell the car specially if your car in on PCP when the time come you can remove and refit to the next car or sell them

with factory fit you pay the extra and don't get the old item that was replaced

same if you have the rear lights cluster fitted with black tinted lens am guessing you don't get the stranded unit back

QUOTE]

I've ordered the tinted rear lens for mine. It's an accessory not a factory option, so I'll have both sets. New tinted and original red. I assume the same would be the case on the lights that you guys have fitted as they are an accessory.

Cheeky dealers also want to charge me for fitting the new rear lights if I want them on for the collection. We'll see........

Papereyes
04-08-2016, 07:09 PM
can anyone answer this?
i see or heard or read some where that when buying new tyres some people ar having winter tyres fitted and using them for winter and summer not sure what winter tyres are like in the summer and if they wear the same but the reason people are using winter tyres as they say that there cheaper than summer tyres any one know anything about this?

I think it's mainly the US where apparently they come with runflats (which is different to us over here). So in the US they switch to winters and run all year because the runflats aren't supposed to be good

satyp
04-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Apparently covered by 3 yr warranty if Accessories ordered pre delivery standard 1yr returns otherwise..

Papereyes
05-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Does that include where the accessories are provided by the dealer before picking up the car (I.e. Not part of factory build).

satyp
05-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Does that include where the accessories are provided by the dealer before picking up the car (I.e. Not part of factory build).

Yes, think it's on the accessories brochures too... the dealer will confirm it for you and you ask him to stick it / add it to the invoice too. (Lord knows some of them hate extra paperwork) :-0

Papereyes
05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Does the dealer charge for fitting if I order before delivery? When I spoke to my salesman he told me it's done through there parts dept but never mentioned a cost for delivery.

Thakey17
05-08-2016, 11:45 AM
From what my salesman has said the sales floor and workshops are run totally independently of each other. Any accessories that I want fitted prior to collect will have a charge. I'm going to ask again as I really want the mudflaps fitted after seeing some pictures on here. Originally I was quoted 30 mins labour for fitting of the tinted rear lenses.

Papereyes
05-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Hmm wondering if that means if u order your car with accessories it has to come from the parts department (as that's the impression I was given)

satyp
05-08-2016, 01:07 PM
That's correct, I dealt directly with parts in the end as I had other questions..but sales got everything ready from the parts guys down the road..

maxw
05-08-2016, 01:55 PM
I thought curtain things came fitted from the factory

like my boot load rail system
if the dealer fitted it I never got the carpet covered strips that would of been removed to fit this?

so if I ever sell the car I'd have to leave this fitted?

satyp
05-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Possibly,I guess, good point .. maybe factory maybe dealership.. Either way, I guess you'll have to find out depending how big a deal it is I suppose for you.. [emoji33] [emoji47] [emoji6]

andyhud007
05-08-2016, 11:51 PM
I think you're right about the drivers door Satyp. I guess there's a fair bit more going on in the drivers door which might make the cable run a bit longer. Great end result though!
You'll find cables appear shorter on the small lights if they are caught around the clips holding the trim to the frame of the car. Sometimes they get wrapped round and so appear shorter. It's pot luck. I had it on the lights on the boot lid when I took the trim off the wire was caught on one of the clips which made it feel shorter...

andyhud007
05-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Not sure why the driver side cable is so tight somehow got there in the end.. the wires must be pre-done & fitted for them to be short on 2 cars .. can't be coincidence..

Anyhow the ended looking like this in dark and daylight some left appears a little duller than right or could be just me..

Anyways spending too much on this car.. it's got to stop ...! ;-0

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/747e4dab6b990b117f18be92d8aaae30.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/ca3b938db671beede336bc93f00a4c00.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/cac13cc5e1c112fc89bc932282f15b59.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/411c920c3f6d808af4275e9194591cee.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/1c7623b4b5c2ae9fcdc877d3848039c5.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/74c924de8dab9631f105dacb7b59a639.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/9487d7febbac741d725bb26262554e86.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/1d1a31fe250acecf2948ee9d8816d971.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/b1e4eea77908c867b2f7ade76f546d50.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/fec92d00632b43d4dc8149ef0f752f3c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/cadcb206b8f45134aa7dd7b02af85569.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/29aca7ebf17fc9cae5a277a0284b2958.jpg

These look great! I've been putting off getting them but now I will. Just can't decide between audi logos or quattro logo...

satyp
06-08-2016, 12:24 AM
I had my choice made for me...

Always thought If I bought any ..I'd only ever get the AUDI RINGS as they had more of a PROMINENT presence (were BIGGER) when I looked at pictures.. and actually appear so too.. told the parts guy I want four as he assumed I just wanted 2. But only had 1set (pair) of rings left.. he said he'd order me another set..

Got chatting a bit more... and he checked his stock and had one last pair of QUATTRO.. so thought WTH.. went with variation/choice have,

He reckoned folk did that (suppose he'd say that) but have seen a few American folk (videos) do it.. I wanted to put quattro out front but Mrs thought the opposite .. so..

Anyway happy puddle lights hunting

andyhud007
06-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Next on my order list...

Nemo78
06-08-2016, 07:17 PM
I don't know which I'd go for...

maxw
07-08-2016, 02:09 AM
Please no more ideas guys I can't afford it lol
stop keep adding ideas in my head lol

M

Papereyes
18-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Hi Satyp

Did you get round to installing the boot liners?

really interested in seeing how they came out?

Thanks

papereyes

satyp
26-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Papereyes.. easy buddy, had taken this while back.. want to get more time on forum and Q7 to keep up but kids keeping it propah hectic! :-0

Hope these helps for now..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/f363941ebed5d06a698c44ab75be7ebc.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/769f48fbf22982f6fe212469621019b8.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/bb7f16eca5c4d0d422e9f58bb01ed52d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/cb045628f4aa2924a362041b558401ee.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/40fc87518ff24c000f4583b3204d07ac.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160826/f0c1ebbe584e00518b6e70bace9fabc3.jpg

Had a bit of a c@#k up on back matting but that was just my fault tho (as you might? notice).. With the boot matting, it's all held to place by Velcro was a bit apprehensive but seems ok for me now.. [emoji33] [emoji1]

Papereyes
26-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Interesting so that includes 3rd row floor mats as well. What's quality like? You coming to the meet up would be good to see in the flesh. Like the pano roof btw!

satyp
26-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Interesting so that includes 3rd row floor mats as well. What's quality like? You coming to the meet up would be good to see in the flesh. Like the pano roof btw!

Quality is good as will last longer than the Velcro lol.. Meetup is going to a last-minute.com business.. busy months what month was agreed again September/October?..

jamief
05-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Where did you get the liner? Couldn't see it anywhere in the thread....

andyhud007
05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Anyone got a "real life" pic of Audi OEM roof bars on a Q7 4M?

Ta

Andy

maxw
05-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Anyone got a "real life" pic of Audi OEM roof bars on a Q7 4M?

Ta

Andy

them alloy pedals set you kindly supply the eBay link for Andy ?

i contacted them to just get a alloy foot rest
took 2 weeks for a reply only to say they don't fit RHD cars

i replied well it says in your add they do
reply was sorry and add been reworded now the peddles will fit RHD cars i.e. Throttle brake but not the foot rest grrrrr

thanks anyway Andy

will have to wait for Gyro SQ7 to turn up to see if that's got an alloy footrest

if you find anything else please shout

M

satyp
11-11-2016, 06:37 AM
Where did you get the liner? Couldn't see it anywhere in the thread....
Just saw caught up this thread..Not sure if the question relates from the pictures above.. but they from Ali Express, hope it helps..

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

JonoNZ
11-11-2016, 09:08 AM

satyp
26-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Apologies if I shouldn't have posted this here and please remove if so..

If any folk looking for Door Sill Scuff Plate protection for their old Audi Q7 4L Pre 2015 (2012-2015) seen here on
Stainless Steel sline Door Sill Scuff Plate Guard Molding Trim For Audi Q7 4L | eBay (http://ebay.eu/2plQj3c)

Tezargh
20-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to share my puddle light experience. i purchased the generic logo puddle lights off ebay LED Door Courtesy Logo Ghost Projector Step Door Lights for Audi A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152393267773) but then purchased the original audi puddle lights so what i did is removed the projector lens cover off the ebay brand lights and stuck them in the boot as the oem lights at the back were terrible and my wife hated it especially when we need to do a nappy change on my 3month old. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170620/062474b6bf877774bba71d90084cc5a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk