PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive dealer

Papereyes
27-07-2016, 10:23 PM
So ordered my car through Dundee Audi, fingers crossed coming in September.

But have noticed out the past week that my dealer is completely in responsive have called and left messages asking for a call back four times now. To be honest it's been like this the whole way through buying this car.

Given that I'm spending all this money on a new car I'm thinking the least I can get is a callback.

Has anyone else noticed this? Kinda regretting going down the route of the biggest discount (but literally the other end of the country). Was waiting 3 months to just get a build week and only got when when I escalated to Audi.

First new car I've ordered and serious feel this is spoiling the whole process. Is it me or shouldn't this be an enjoyable experience? Reckon I should get another Sales person (but then feel that it's gonna make this a lot worse).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMB7
28-07-2016, 03:51 AM
That's not great, and definitely not the experience I had from Derby Audi.
Salesman called me with updates on order status every few weeks and responded to my emails same day.

srbsq7
28-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Not great at all. Hopefully once you've got it on youraudi you have little need for the dealer.

Just seen this today on my news feed - looks like you're not alone “Room for improvement at too many official dealer networks” | Auto Express (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/96509/room-for-improvement-at-too-many-official-dealer-networks)

Papereyes
28-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Thanks srbs that article is spot on. It's a simple thing of getting a phone call back, what's more annoying is when I call and then get told I'm putting u through and then ten seconds later, sorry he's with a customer and will get him to call you back (which never happens). Sent an email to the sales controller to switch to someone more reachable and if that fails Audi exec team.

pitch3110
28-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Sorry to hear this.

Quite the opposite with Edinburgh with me they were fantastic.

I would gove them the benefit of the doubt first as your contact may be off but if they are being <REMOVED> them go to the top of the tree and through big tee down the stairs. Social media all ways hits home also and is worth giving them some initial grief and then ramping up. Failing this them take the naked protest route, it always works.,

When I hear of Service like this it always makes my blood boil.

Pitch

Gyro
28-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear this.

Quite the opposite with Edinburgh with me they were fantastic.

I would gove them the benefit of the doubt first as your contact may be off but if they are being tw@ts them go to the top of the tree and through big tee down the stairs. Social media all ways hits home also and is worth giving them some initial grief and then ramping up. Failing this them take the naked protest route, it always works.,

When I hear of Service like this it always makes my blood boil.

Pitch

Couldn't agree more - get on Twitter and tweet @AudiUK, they are great and should sort you out sharpish. Also agreed re. Edinburgh Audi too; they beat what I considered to be an "unbeatable" offer from Aberdeen Audi.

Three months to get a build week is appalling. It should only take a couple of weeks?

srbsq7
28-07-2016, 10:44 AM
My local dealer gave me a provisional build week when I placed the order. This was based on amending one of their orders already in the pipeline - bw 16 and ended up at 18

andyhud007
28-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Yes, get on Twitter and shout at @AudiUK

Dont give them an inch.. then email your dealer to say your escalating via Social Media

I bet they step up then.

Eshrules
28-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Sent an email to the sales controller to switch to someone more reachable and if that fails Audi exec team.

This is the path I would recommend - save the shouting at social media teams for when all else fails, I find companies are much more eager to assist if you've been fair and tried the expected channels first.

pitch3110
28-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Sorry for my use of an inappropriate word.

now popping off to shut my subway in the fridge door, won't happen again boss.

Pitch

Papereyes
28-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Just a quick update on my email to sales controller. Got a call at 0930 today saying dealer was busy and couldn't get in touch. Not sure if this was due to my email or coincidental but let's see.

wee_gua
29-07-2016, 01:16 AM
I had the same trouble in Glasgow! Now I am dealing with Stirling Audi, they seem far more helpful and accommodating, I simply phoned Audi sales, told them I wasn't happy with my local dealer and didn't want any further dealings with them, they passed me onto Stirling and so far have been spot on, hopefully once I get back from offshore Philippines I can order my new Q7

Gyro
29-07-2016, 08:35 AM
I had the same trouble in Glasgow! Now I am dealing with Stirling Audi, they seem far more helpful and accommodating, I simply phoned Audi sales, told them I wasn't happy with my local dealer and didn't want any further dealings with them, they passed me onto Stirling and so far have been spot on, hopefully once I get back from offshore Philippines I can order my new Q7

Yeah Stirling are the same franchise as Edinburgh (Lookers, used to be Lomond).

O/T - what do you do offshore? I'm in the business myself...

wee_gua
29-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Yeah Stirling are the same franchise as Edinburgh (Lookers, used to be Lomond).

O/T - what do you do offshore? I'm in the business myself...

Yea that's right 👍

We maintain and service all the lifeboats, Davits and winches, used to be SCI but now part of Survitec group.
What is it you do yourself?

Gyro
29-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Yea that's right 👍

We maintain and service all the lifeboats, Davits and winches, used to be SCI but now part of Survitec group.
What is it you do yourself?

Nice one, hope you're managing to stay busy at the moment. I'm in drilling - worked as a Drilling Supervisor now Senior Drilling Engineer for an operator in Aberdeen. I do a weekly commute from Edinburgh to Aberdeen which is a pain but I get to "work" from home on Fridays 😜

Good luck with the Q7 order!

wee_gua
29-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Nice one, hope you're managing to stay busy at the moment. I'm in drilling - worked as a Drilling Supervisor now Senior Drilling Engineer for an operator in Aberdeen. I do a weekly commute from Edinburgh to Aberdeen which is a pain but I get to "work" from home on Fridays 😜

Good luck with the Q7 order!

Thanks,
Let's just say that so far i have completed 162 days offshore since 1st Jan. So not to bad for me...
Drilling is where I was hoping to go after this but that won't happen for a while yetagun this downturn
Haha I am not envious at all 🤔😂