PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 2.0TDi Avant S Line

vwroyd
25-07-2016, 11:08 PM
I am looking to travel 200 miles with the view to buy the title car.. It's a 58 Plate with just under 70k with full Audi History. My concern is from Jan 2015 to March 2016 it only covered 63 miles because the previous owner had a work truck and never used the A4.. That guy then sold it to the current owner with 12 months MOT in march and he has done over 6000 miles and has now decided to sell..

I'm just looking for anyone's thoughts on this?? Is it worth a trip to view/buy?? Any issues to look out for??

The car does seem to be in really good condition..

I am just a little nervous with it being laid up 14 months, then this current guy selling, only having had it for 4 months..

Any thoughts please..

Regards
Chris

spartacus 68
26-07-2016, 08:06 AM
14 months laid up with only 63 miles does seem a bit extreme. However if the owner had a work truck, then it's entirely possible. Ask the current owner why they're selling after just 4 months and 6,000 miles before you travel?

Some questions I'd be asking:

1/ When was it last serviced? Regardless of mileage, probably needs an oil and filter change.
2/ When is timing belt due? Renew with water pump at the same time. If not done, factor into price you pay.
3/ If any members close by with VCDS - scan car before parting with cash.