PDA

View Full Version : MMI 3G+ Software & Nav Database

Tallman96
25-07-2016, 06:46 PM
I am really desperately in need of some help from the informed experts on this site. I recently had a Nav Database update performed by my local Audi Dealer to bring the Nav Database up to 2016. While looking into the MMI update K0770 to improve the telephone functionality I submitted a screen shot of my display to show Media Version, etc. The vendor of the K0770 update tells me that the screen display I sent him is showing the 2012 Factory Delivered Media Version and the 2012 Navigation Database! Can anyone here confirm what this vendor is telling me? Thank You

RhysoTDI
25-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Your MMI is NOT running the K0770 firmware or indeed the latest maps

to me your local Audi dealer has NOT performed any updates :(

A6S
25-07-2016, 09:33 PM
My understanding is if it begins with Pxxxx then it's the factory version. All the Kxxxx is the subsequent updates.

Tallman96
25-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Thank you. Looks like I'm going to have to write to Audi UK to find out what's going on. I know I don't have the K0770 update but I paid my local Audi Dealership £151.00 to update my Nav Database in June this year. They also assured me that no further updates to the MMI software were applicable. My patience with Audi Dealers is wearing thin.

Tallman96
25-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Thank You. That's good to know, when I start pulling chains at my Audi Dealer.

AT.
26-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I paid my local Audi Dealership £151.00 to update my Nav Database in June this year.

The NAV database seems old for me, please refer here:

Latest MMI firmware? - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum (http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-topics/20492-latest-mmi-firmware.html)

Tallman96
26-07-2016, 06:16 PM
You seems to have almost the same car as mine. May I ask what MMI software and Nav Database are you running? Is the GB version or all of Europe?

Tallman96
14-09-2016, 08:29 AM
:1zhelp:
I am really desperately in need of some help from the informed experts on this site. I recently had a Nav Database update performed by my local Audi Dealer to bring the Nav Database up to 2016. While looking into the MMI update K0770 to improve the telephone functionality I submitted a screen shot of my display to show Media Version, etc. The vendor of the K0770 update tells me that the screen display I sent him is showing the 2012 Factory Delivered Media Version and the 2012 Navigation Database! Can anyone here confirm what this vendor is telling me? Thank You

Finally getting somewhere, slowly. Got my local Audi garage to update the MMI software to the latest version for my car, HN+R_EU_AU_K0942_4. Asked then to access the 'Green Screen' Engineering Menu 1.0 on the MMI and change the NAD defaults so I could use my iPhone and a Data SIM at one and the same time. I even gave them the instructions i picked up from elsewhere on this forum: VCDS > 5F-Information Electr. > Adaption - 10 > Channel 6 and Read > change from 0 to 1 > Test > Save > reboot MMI. Then press and hold CAR and MENU buttons for a few seconds. I don't know if they even tried this method or not but when I collected the car they told me they had never heard of a Green Screen EM, and had contacted Audi UK who said the bluetooth phone + Data SIM functionality was not possible on this model car and there was no such thing as a Green Screen on the MMI!!??
Please is there anyone out there with a Laptop VCDS and Audi connecting cable in the Preston. Lancashire area that is willing to enable access to the MMI Engineering Screen for me, so I can settle this once and for all?

Tallman96
14-09-2016, 02:39 PM
:1zhelp:

Finally getting somewhere, slowly. Got my local Audi garage to update the MMI software to the latest version for my car, HN+R_EU_AU_K0942_4. Asked then to access the 'Green Screen' Engineering Menu 1.0 on the MMI and change the NAD defaults so I could use my iPhone and a Data SIM at one and the same time. I even gave them the instructions i picked up from elsewhere on this forum: VCDS > 5F-Information Electr. > Adaption - 10 > Channel 6 and Read > change from 0 to 1 > Test > Save > reboot MMI. Then press and hold CAR and MENU buttons for a few seconds. I don't know if they even tried this method or not but when I collected the car they told me they had never heard of a Green Screen EM, and had contacted Audi UK who said the bluetooth phone + Data SIM functionality was not possible on this model car and there was no such thing as a Green Screen on the MMI!!??
Please is there anyone out there with a Laptop VCDS and Audi connecting cable in the Preston. Lancashire area that is willing to enable access to the MMI Engineering Screen for me, so I can settle this once and for all?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: SUCCESS!!! At long last I've got my MMI up to date and my mobile working handsfree and data SIM working the maps !!! I persevered with the instructions offered by MFGF step by careful step. Turns out the Audi Garage had enabled the Engineering Management (Green Screen), just didn't follow the instructions for getting into it. He kept pressing MENU and RETURN !!. Just echoes the opinion expressed elsewhere on this Forum that Audi UK do not fully understand the electronics in these cars and Audi Deutschland won't tell 'em. All is well now and a huge thank you to MFGF and much appreciated comments from RhysoTDI, A6S and AT.
:beerchug::beerchug: