PDA

View Full Version : S6 turbo failure

acemace55
25-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Just got a Audi S6 4.0 V8 twin turbo on a 12 plate done 75k, only had it about 3 weeks and both turbos have failed with what appears to be oil starvation. Car was serviced just before I picked it up and genuine oil and filter were used. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I fear I'm looking at a big bill. The car drives ok and no warning lights on or noises from engine.

zollaf
25-07-2016, 09:07 AM
how has it been diagnosed as turbo failure from oil starvation , and how does it still drive ok ?

acemace55
25-07-2016, 09:27 AM
Sorry meant the car drives ok apart from the lack of power due to turbo fault. Turbos have been removed and sent away,report come back saying lack of oil to turbos has caused the failure.

zollaf
25-07-2016, 09:29 AM
got you. right, going to be expensive then. but first the cause of oil starvation must be established. do you warm the engine up before using boost, and let it run down after a run. has it got a full history. usual cause is a blockage in the oil feed pipes caused either by hot oil carbonising or by muck in the sump caused by missed oil changes getting loose if a flush is used or during an oil change.

acemace55
25-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Will have a look at fed pipes first

RhysoTDI
25-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Did you buy private or from a garage?

if it's from the latter chuck it back at them to sort.

If its the former I would be contacting Audi UK for goodwill contribution as you shouldn't expect them to fail on such a young car at that mileage. Having full Audi service history will help with that