PDA

View Full Version : Passenger airbag warning on ignition

joe_n
24-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Hi,

I've just taken delivery of my new B9 A4 Avant - loving it so far!

One annoying thing is that on every ignition, I get a warning on the dashboard telling me that the passenger airbag is on. Is there any way of turning this off? I've had a look through the manual and through the menus.

Cheers,

Joe

ILikeJam
16-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Did you ever find an answer? Drives me flaming mad this!

I could probably make my peace with it if it was just one bong every time, but sometimes it's going on for ages and I'm halfway up the road with it still bonging away!

joe_n
16-08-2016, 10:48 PM
No, I've still not found out how to get rid of this warning. I've emailed the dealership, but they've not even bothered to reply. It's driving me mad hearing it on every ignition, so it must be a nightmare if it's doing it several times after ignition for you!

The annoying thing is that it's the same warning sound as the fuel warning and all the other "warning" style messages, so you think something's wrong or you've run out of fuel every time you start the car, only to realise that it's just the bloody airbag warning :mad:

There will come a point when I just ignore all warnings my car gives me, as I'll have heard this warning so much...

El-Cap
17-08-2016, 12:49 PM
I wonder what happens if you turn the passenger airbag off? Probably comes up with an warning saying it is not active!!!

joe_n
17-08-2016, 04:14 PM
I guess so, although I've not tried this as I actually want my airbag to be on all the time for when there's a passenger, but I don't want to be told this all of the time. I'm hoping there will be a way to disable it via VCDS, when I get round to upgrading my VAGCOM cable to the new one that's compatible with my car. *crosses fingers and toes*

iambu
19-08-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm fairly sure mine doesn't audibly 'bong' each time I start the car. I think it does display the warning but that's it, and it soon disappears. It hasn't bothered me in the slightest. I'll try to pay more attention next time I start her up

bosduif82
22-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Same here, bong every single time. Car is not even a week old and it is the one thing that bothers me immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neoconair
02-01-2017, 08:33 AM
I have the B9 as a hire car for a few weeks, and this is bothering me too.

I expect to be warned if the passenger airbag is off or damaged, but an audible notification that it's working as it should every time I engage the ignition is very annoying.

jdragon
10-04-2022, 09:31 PM
I realise this is an old thread; has anyone found a solution to this?